DOROTHY (FREDERICKSEN) (FOX) CHRISTENSEN
B. 1880 Denmark
D. December 1960
Find A Grave memorial (click here)
- Husband 1: John Gerret Fox born about 1878 in Holland son of Bernard Fox; married May 1, 1909 in Chicago, Cook County, IL; John died March 10, 1928 in Chicago, Cook County, IL; buried at Mount Olive Cemetery, Chicago, Cook County, IL; according to the Chicago Tribune (Chicago IL) Sunday, March 11, 1928, page 8: “THREE WORKMEN FALL 13 FLOORS; ONE IS KILLED – One workman was killed and two others were injured so seriously that one of them is not expected to live, when they fell thirteen floors from the De Paul building, under construction at 64 East Lake street, yesterday. John Fox, 38 (sic), of 1919 North Spaulding avenue, a laborer, died after he had been taken to the West Side hospital. Those injured are Amon Thompson, 40, of 2144 North Kedvale avenue, foreman, and Richard Ostrom, 5554 South Washtenaw avenue. The former is in the West Side hospital and expected to die. Ostrom, whose fall was broken when he struck a wire, is expected to recover. The accident occurred when a temporary platform, on which the men were standing while dismantling a skip hoist weakened and gave way. Thomson and Fox fell into Garland court on tope (sic) of a lumber pile. A crowd of several hundred persons quickly gathered.”
- Husband 2: Christ J. Christensen born 1881 in Denmark; died 1963 (See section pertaining to Christ J. Christensen buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery)
- Children of Herman Fox and Dorothy:
- Herman Bernhard Fox born September 21, 1912 in Illinois; married Charlotte Wilary on October 29, 1934 in Cook County, IL; last residence in Cicero, Cook County, IL; died August 1984; buried in Resurrection Catholic Cemetery and Mausoleums, Justice, Cook County, IL; according to the Chicago Tribune (Chicago IL) Monday, August 13, 1984, page 27: FOX – Herman B. Fox, beloved husband of Charlotte, nee Wilary; loving father of Kenneth R. (Kathleen) and Diane (Raymond) Orst; dear brother of Myrtle Snyder; grandfather of five. Funeral Tuesday, Aug. 14, 9 a.m. from Kulasik Funeral Home, 4860 W. 31st, Cicero, to Mary Queen of Heaven Church. Entombment Resurrection Mausoleum. Visitation Monday, 7 to 9 p.m. 652-2005.”
- Myrtle Dorothy (Fox) Passenheim Wendorf Snyder born September 16, 1919 in Chicago, Cook County, IL; married 1) Roy S. Passenheim (1916-1941) son of Charles Passenehim and Fena (Daus) Passenheim; married 2) unknown Wendorf about 1942; married 3) Clyde E. Snyder on July 14, 1951 in Cook County, IL; Myrtle died October 12, 2007; buried in Ridgewood Cemetery, Des Plaines, Cook County, IL; according to the Chicago Tribune (Chicago IL) Sunday, October 14, 2007, page 4-8: “SNYDER, MYRTLE D. – Myrtle D. Snyder, nee Fox, beloved wife of the late Clyde E. Snyder; dear mother of Robert (Judith) Passenheim and Sharon (Franklin) Sanders Sr.; loving grandmother of 13; great-grand-mother of 30. Visitation Sunday, 5 to 8 p.m. at Friedrichs Funeral Home, 320 W. Central Rd. (at Northwest Hwy.), Mt. Prospect. Services Monday, 11 a.m. at the funeral home. Interment Ridgewood Cemetery. For info 847-255-7800 or www. FriedrichsFH.com”
- Caroline (Frederickson) Andersen
According to the 1920 U.S. Census for Chicago, Cook County, IL living at 2780 Francis Place, the household members were John Fox, head, age 42, married, immigrated in 1907, born in Holland, parents born in Holland, occupation: cutter – tailor shop; Dorothy Fox, wife, age 39, married, immigrated in 1906, born in Denmark, parents born in Denmark; Herman Fox, son, age 7, single, born in Illinois; Myrtle Fox, daughter, age 4/12, single, born in Illinois.
According to the 1930 U.S. Census for Chicago City, Cook County, IL living at 1919 Spaulding Ave., the household members were: Christ Christensen, head, age 49, married first at age 47, born in Denmark, parents born in Denmark, immigrated in 1915; occupation: machinist – machine shop; Dorothy Christensen, wife, age 48, married first at age 28, born in Denmark, parents born in Denmark; Herman Fox, step-son, age 18, single, born in Illinois, occupation: electrician; Myrtle Fox, step-daughter, age 10, single, born in Illinois; Bernice Mondry, boarder, age 21, single, born in Illinois, parents born in Germany, occupation: operator – punch press.
According to the 1940 U.S. Census for Chicago City, Cook County, IL living at 1921 Sawyer Avenue, the household members were: Chris Christensen, head, age 58, married, highest grade completed: 8, born in Denmark, lived in same house in 1935, occupation: machinist – machine shop; Dorothy Christensen, wife, age 58, married, highest grade completed: 8, born in Denmark, lived in same house in 1935.
According to the Chicago Tribune (Chicago IL) Sunday, December 4, 1960, page 104:
“CHRISTENSEN – Dorothy Christensen of Round Lake, Ill., beloved wife of Christ J.; dear mother of Herman Fox and Myrtle Snyder; loving grandmother of four; great-grandmother of two; fond sister of Caroline Andersen. Service Monday, 2 p.m., at MacGillis funeral home, Round Lake. Interment Fort Hill cemetery”