FRANCES JAMES “FRANK” CLOOS
B. December 13, 1928 in Chicago, Cook County, IL
Find A Grave memorial (click here)
- Father: Frank Christ Cloos born March 31, 1901 in Chicago, Cook County, IL son of Tonis N. “Louis” Cloos (1876-1955) and Marie “Mary” (Denier) Cloos (1879-1965; Frank died October 29, 1962 in Chicago, Cook County, IL (See section pertaining to Frank Christ Cloos buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery)
- Mother: Dorothy (Anderson) (Cloos) Norling born September 9, 1905 in Illinois; married (1) Frank Christ Cloos; married (2) Austin Norling (1895-1956) last residence Lake Villa, Lake County, IL; Dorothy died March 1980; Dorothy and Austin are buried in Warren Cemetery, Gurnee, Lake County, IL; According to the Antioch News (Antioch IL) March 26, 1980, page 14:
“Dorothy C. Norling
Funeral services for Mrs. Dorothy C. Norling, 74, of Lake Villa were held at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, March 26, at the Strang Funeral Home in Antioch with the Rev. Stephen Williams officiating.
Mrs. Norling died on March 24 at Victory Memorial Hospita in Waukegan. She was born in Chicago, and had lived in Fox Lake for several years before moving to Lake Villa in 1951.
Mrs. Norling was employed as a beautician and also a telephone operator.
She is survived by one sister, Mrs. Sarah Breich of Loveland, Colo.; one nephew, Robert Breich of California; and one cousin Mrs.Virginia Steckl of Arizona.
Mrs. Norling was preceded in death by a son, Frank Cloos Jr., in 1968; and her husband, Austin Norling in 1966.
Interment was at Warren Cemetery in Gurnee.”
- Wife 1: Lovie Lorraine Lake born December 9, 1930 in Chicago, Cook County, IL daughter of Raymond Francis Lake (1910-1964) and Fayola G. “Belle” (Shattuck) Lake (1905-1971) (See section pertaining to Raymond Francis Lake buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery) (See section pertaining to Fayola G. “Belle” (Shattuck) Lake buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery); married (1) Frances James “Frank” Cloos; married (2) Walter Charles Mrotz, Jr. (1929-2002) on August 6, 1956 in Cook County, IL, son of Walter Charles Mrotz (1896-1957) and Irene Nora (Feil) Mrotz (1902-1960); Lovie died April 30, 2001 in Rancho Mirage, Riverside County, CA; According to the Desert Sun (Palm Springs CA) Wednesday, May 2, 2001, page 8:
“Lovie Mrotz – Lovie Lorraine Mrotz, 70, of Thousand Palms died April 30, 2001, in Rancho Mirage. She was born Dec. 9, 1930, to Raymond F. and Fayola Shattuck Lake in Chicago. She was admitting supervisor with Eisenhower Memorial Hospital, Rancho Mirage for 17 years. She is survived by her husband, W. C. of Thousand Palms; her son, Walter Charles of Cathedral City; her daughter, Kelly of Cathedral City; her sister, Donna Pierce of Chaska, Minn.; and many grandchildren. Services and burial will be private under the direction of Palm Springs Mortuary of Cathedral City.”
- Children of Frances James “Frank” Cloos and Lovie Lorraine (Lake) (Cloos) Mrotz:
- Michael (Micheal) Raymond Cloos born October 29, 1951 in Libertyville, Lake County, IL; Michael died July 22, 1955 in Woodstock, McHenry County, IL (See section pertaining to Michael (Micheal) Raymond Cloos buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery)
According to the U.S., Presbyterian Church Records, 1701-1970, Baptism Blank, Olivet Institute Church:
Name: Frances James Cloos, Birth: Dec. 13/28, Birth Place: Chicago; Father’s Name: Frank Cloos, Mother’s Name: Mrs. Cloos; Parent’s Address: 3945 N. Christiania Ave, Baptism Date: Jan. 2/29, Minister: Norman B. Barr.
According to the 1930 U.S. Census for City of Chicago, Cook County, IL living at 3945 Christiana, the household members were: Frank Cloos, head, married at age 27, born in Illinois, parents born in Germany, occupation: carpenter – building; Dorothy Cloos, wife, age 24, married at age 22, born in Illinois, parents born in Germany; Frank Cloos Jr., son, age 1 4/12, single, born in Illinois; Louis Cloos, father, age 52, married at age 20, born in Germany, parents born in Germany, immigrated in 1890, occupation: baker – baker shop.
According to the 1940 U.S. Census for Chicago City, Cook County, IL, living at 2117 North Cicero Avenue, the household members were Frank Cloos Sr., head, age 39, married, highest grade completed: 8, born in Illinois, lived in same place in 1935, occupation: roofer – roofing company; Dorothy Cloos, wife, age 34, married, highest grade completed: 8, born in Illinois, lived in same place in 1935, occupation: beauty operator – beauty shop; Frank Cloos Jr., son, age 11, single, born in Illinois, lived in same place in 1935.
According to the McHenry Plaindealer (McHenry IL) Thursday, April 8, 1954, page 16:
“Michael Cloos, 2, son of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Cloos of Indian Ridge (Wonder Lake), is a patient at Memorial hospital in Woodstock. The child is being treated for pneumonia.”
According to the McHenry Plaindealer (McHenry IL) Thursday, September 23, 1954, page 13:
“OFFICIAL PUBLICATION OF 1954 PERSONAL PROPERTY AND REAL
ESTATE ASSESSMENT LIST
Indian Ridge Unit 1
Frank J. & Lovie L. Cloos, lt 11 blk 12…2500”
According to the McHenry Plaindealer (McHenry IL) Thursday, February 21, 1957, page 8:
STATE OF ILLINOIS
COUNTY OF MCHENRY
IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF McHENRY COUNTY, ILLINOIS MARENGO FEDERAL SAVING AND LOAN ASSOCIATION, a corporation of the United States of America, Plaintiff.
FRANK JAMES CLOOS and LOVIE LORRAINE CLOOS, his wife; JAMES ALTHOFF d/b/a Althoff Hardware Company; ROBERT W. SCHULTZ and CLIFFORD J. HYATT, a co-partnership d/b/a/ Northern Illinois Enterprises; HOUSEHOLD FINANCE CORPRATION; IVAR FREDERICKSON d/b/a Wonder Lake Builders. Defendants
Public notice is hereby given that on the 15th day of March, A.D. 1957, pursuant to a Decree made and entered by the said Court in the above entitled cause on the 15th day of February, A.D. 1957. I, JOHN E. LOOZE, Master of Chancery of the Circuit Court of McHenry County, Illinois, will on the 15th day of March, A.D. 1957, at the hour of 11:00 A.M. in the forenoon, on the east steps on the Courthouse in the City of Woodstock, County of McHenry, and State of Illinois, sell to the highest and best bidder for cash all and singular the following described premises and real estate in said Decree mentioned, situated in the County of McHenry and State of Illinois, or so much thereof as may be sufficient to satisfy said decree:
Lots 10 and 11 in Block 12 in Indian Ridge Subdivision Unit No. 1, a Subdivision of part of Section 7, Township, 45 North, Range 8 East of the Third Principal Meridian, according to the Plat thereof recorded June 27, 1939 as Document No. 139953, in Book 9 of Plats, page 34, in McHenry County, Illinois. Said property shall be sold subject to all general taxes that may be due at the time of said sale.
Dated this 21st day of February, A.D. 1957. John E. Looze
Master in Chancery of the Circuit Court of McHenry County, Ill”