DOROTHY C. (SHARPER) CONVERSE
B. August 14, 1928 in Park Falls, Price County, WI
D. April 6, 1998 in Waukegan, Lake County, IL
Find A Grave memorial (click here)
- Father: Albert Walter Herman Sharper July 12, 1898 in Illinois, son of Henry Sharper and Lena (Spachnifsky) Sharper; Albert died July 14, 1987 in Scottsdale, Maricopa County, AZ; According to the Arizona Republic (Phoenix AZ) Friday, July 17, 1987, page 29:
“Albert W. Sharper, 94, of Phoenix, a retired mechanic, died July 14, 1987, at Scottsdale Memorial Hospital. He was born in Illinois. Survivors include his daughters, Rose Ann Shurwin and Dorothy Converse; and sons, Howard, Leon, Elmer and Richard. Private arrangements were made by Messinger Morturary.”
- Mother: Bertha (Renner/Wrenner) Sharper
- Husband: William Converse born about 1887
- Howard Albert Sharper born June 15, 1923; married Mary Keegan on April 10, 1948 in Cook County, IL; Howard died October 6, 2000 in Berwyn, Cook County, IL; buried in Queen of Heaven Catholic Cemetery, Hillside, Cook County, IL; According to the The Life (Berwyn IL) Wednesday, October 11, 2000, page 23:
“Howard A. Sharper
Visitation for Howard A. Sharper, 76, of Cicero will be from 9 a.m. until time of service at noon on Thursday, Oct. 12, in Joseph Nosek and Sons Funeral Home, 6716 W. 16th St. in Berwyn.
Interment will be in Queen of Heaven Cemetery, Hillside.
Mr. Sharper died Oct. 6 (2000) in MacNeal Hospital in Berwyn.
He was a retired dock worker for Raum’s Warehouse in Chicago.
Mr. Sharper enjoyed fishing and hunting.
Survivors include one son, Howard Jr.’ three daughters, Loretta Zito, Debra Ramirez and Barbara; three brothers, Elmer, Leon and Richard; 12 grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.”
- Elmer Herman “Elm” Sharper born May 22, 1926 in Chicago, Cook County, IL; Army Veteran (January 8, 1945-December 2, 1946); married Doris Marilyn Dau (1929-1990) on May 4, 1947 in Bonfield, Kankakee County, IL; Elmer died May 20, 2007 in Manteno, Kankakee County, IL; Elmer and Doris are buried in Zion Lutheran Church Cemetery, Bonfield, Kankakee County, IL; According to the Morris Daily Herald (Morris IL) May 22, 2007:
“Elmer H. Sharper
ESSEX – Mr. Elmer H. “Elm” Sharper, 81, of Essex, died Sunday, May 20, 2007 at Illinois Veterans Home in Manteno.
Born May 20, 1926 in Chicago, he was a son of the late Albert and Bertha (Wrenner) Sharper. He was a World War II veteran of the United Staqtes Army. He was employed for 38 years at the Joliet Army Ammunition Plant until his retirement. He then worked part-time for the Reed Custer School District, and farmed his entire life in the Essex area. He was a member of Zion Lutheran Church in Bonfield.
Survivors include three sons, Dean (Pat) Sharper, Don (Judy) Sharper, and Denny Sharper, all of Essex; one daughter, Diane (Danny) Harper, Essex; eight grandchildren, Ladena (Tom) Dohnansky, Lonny Harper, Lisa (Todd) Murphy, Laura (Alex) Pollack, Nathan (Sally) Sharper, Alissa (John) Classen, LeAnn (Adam) James and Rachel (Jason) Grace; 13 great-grandchildren; five brothers, Richard (Mary Lou) Ness, Chicago, Lester (Betty) Sharper, James (Judy) Sharper, Kankakee, Larry (Donna) Sharper, Bonfield, and Howard Sharper.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Doris M. (Dau), whom he married May 4, 1947 in Bonfield; his adoptive parents, Frank and Dorothy Sharper; and one granddaughter, Leah Sharper.
Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the R.W. Patterson Funeral homes, Ltd. Braidwood Chapel, with Rev. Jason Zobel officiating.”
According to the Chicago Tribune (Chicago IL) Saturday, March 19, 1949, page 8:
“$1,300 War Bonds Theft
Charged to Woman, 20
Mrs. Dorothy Converse, 20, of Round Lake, was held to the Lake county grand jury yesterday on a charge of stealing $1,300 in war bonds from the home of Mr. and Mrs. Roy Wagner, Round Lake, on March 1. Justice of the Peace Ray Rearden set bond at $2,500. Mrs. Converse denied the theft. Her husband, William, 62, is a tavern janitor.”
According to the Daily Herald (Arlington Heights IL) April 8, 1998, page 10:
“Dorothy C. Converse
Memorial services for Dorothy C. Converse (nee Sharper), 69, a resident of Round Lake Park the majority of her life, will be held at 10 a.m. today, at Round Lake Community Church in Round Lake.
Born Aug. 14, 1928, in Park Falls, Wis., she died Monday, April 6, 1998, at St. Therese Medical Center in Waukegan.
She will be greatly missed by her loving family of three daughters; three sons; her grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Arrangements were made by Strang Funeral Chapel and Crematorium, Ltd., Grayslake.
For information, (847) 223-8122.”