LaROY C. “ROY” EVERT
LaRoy C. “Roy” and Evelyn (Rutkowski) Evert
(photo by Ancestry.com contributor Karen Mae West – Latus)
B. December 30, 1911 in Illinois
D. May 8, 1970
Find A Grave memorial (click here)
- Father: Herman Evert born February 18, 1880 in Illinois son of Herman Evert and Emile (Schroeder) Evert; married Elizabeth Behrendt on November 16, 1901 in Chicago, Cook County, IL; Herman died January 27, 1918 in Chicago, Cook County, IL; buried in Saint Luke Cemetery, Chicago, Cook County, IL
- Mother: Elizabeth “Lizzie” (Behrendt) Evert born about 1882 in Illinois; Elizabeth died in 1929; buried in Saint Luke Cemetery, Chicago, Cook County, IL
- Wife: Evelyn (Rutkowski) Evert born February 9,1920 in Chicago, Cook County, IL daughter of Bernard Frank “Barney” Rutkowski (1894-1942) and Mary (Klimczak) Rutkowski (1894-1974); Evelyn died October 3, 1980 (See section pertaining to Evelyn (Rutkowski) Evert buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery)
- Roy G. Evert, Jr. born September 13, 1938 in Chicago, Cook County, IL; Roy died August 19, 2010 in East Chicago, Lake County, IN (See section pertaining to Roy G. Evert, Jr. buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery)
- Edwin Herman Evert born April 9, 1903 in Illinois; married Adeline Augusta Heynis (1911-1959) on July 21, 1928 in Indiana, daughter of Fred Heynis and Olga (Dugan) Heynis; Edwin died June 16, 1977 in San Mateo County, CA; Adeline is buried in Avon Centre Cemetery, Grayslake, Lake County, IL; According to the Time (San Mateo CA) Saturday, June 18, 1977, page 6:
“EDWIN A. EVERT
Inurnment at sea will follow private family services today for Edwin A. Evert, 74, of 1700 El Camino Real, South San Francisco, who died Thursday at home, following a long illness.
He was a native of Chicago who lived in South San Francisco for 18 years.
Survivors include a son, Donald Evert of South San Francisco; a daughter, Sherry Skol of San Jose; a brother, Herbert H. Evert of South San Francisco; three sisters and three grandchildren.”
- Herbert H. Evert born November 2, 1907 in Cook County, IL; married Virginia Kaminski; last residence in South San Francisco, San Mateo County, CA; Herbert died January 31, 1979 in San Mateo County, CA
- Ruth A. “Nan” (Evert) Engvall born February 23, 1910 in Chicago, Cook County, IL; married Elmer O. Engvall (1903-1957); Ruth died June 16, 2002; Ruth and Elmer are buried in Greenview Memorial Gardens, East Moline, Rock Island County, IL; According to the Dispatch (Moline, IL) Tuesday, June 18, 2002, page 6:
“Ruth ‘Nan’ Engvall
Services for Ruth “Nan” Engvall will be 10 a.m. Thursday at Union Congregational Church, Moline, with the Rev. Jack Michaelsen officiating. Burial will be in Greenview Memorial Gardens, East Moline.
Visitation is 4-7 p.m. today at Trimble Funeral Home, Moline.
Ruth “Nan” Engvall, age 92, of Moline, died Sunday, June 16, 2002 at Aspenwood Healthcare Center in Silvis, Ill.
The former Ruth Evert was born Feb. 23, 1910, in Chicago, the daughter of Herman and Elizabeth (Behrendt) Evert. Ruth married Elmer O. Engvall on May 27, 1927. He preceded her in death in May 1957.
Mrs. Engvall was employed at J.C. Penney Co., Moline, as a sales clerk for many years.
She was a member of Union Congregational Church, and was a former member of First Congregational Church of Moline, where she was a deacon, and a member of the benevolence society.
She was known for always helping anyone who was in need, and volunteered as a school crossing guard at Ericson Elementary School in Moline.
As she was an angel on earth, she has gone to be an angel with God in heaven.
Memorials may be made to a charity of your choice.
Her survivors include her daughter and son-in-law, Marilyn and Ted Whitebeck, Sierra Vista, Ariz.; son and daughter-in-law, Tom “Chase” and Marilyn Engvall, Kwajalein in the Marshall Islands; 10 grandchildren, Ton Engvall, Christi Steinger, Mark Whitbeck, Carol Ramsey, Laura Patino, Diane DeLashmutt, Judy Bolton, and Gina, April, and Colleen Engvall; 10 great-grandchildren, Joel, Vanessa, Bobby, Tony, Shelley, Tony, Danny, Mandy, Michael, and Jennifer; along with a great-great-grandson Devon.
Her son, John “Jack” Engvall; two grandsons, Jimmy and Richard Engvall, two sisters and four brothers also preceded her in death.”
- Mildred E. (Evert) Mundt born October 18, 1914 in Cook County, IL; married Otto Carl Mundt (1912-1966) on July 17, 1933 in Cook County, IL
- Ernest O. Evert born June 23, 1917 in Chicago, Cook County, IL; married Marie; Ernest died July 5, 1970 in McHenry County, IL; According to the Daily Sentinel (Woodstock IL) Wednesday, July 8, 1970, page 2:
“ERNEST O. EVERT – ROUND LAKE BEACH – Funeral services for Ernest O. Evert, 53, 214 Juniper Terrace, Round Lake Beach, a former chief of police of Round Lake Heights, will be held at 1 p.m. Thursday in the Trinity Lutheran Church, Long Lake. Burial will be in Woodlawn cemetery Forest Park. Friends may cal (sic) in the MacGillis funeral home in Round Lake. He died while playing golft at the Pistakee Golf Course on July 5. He was a native of Chiago (sic), born on June 23, 1917, and employed as a carpenter in Libertyville. He is survived by his widow, Marie; two sons; a daughter; seven grandchildren; two brothers and three sisters.”
According to the 1920 U.S. Census for Chicago City, Cook County, IL living at 1734 Wilmont Ave., the household members were: Elizabeth Evert, head, age 37, widowed, born in Illinois, parents born in Germany, occupation: janitor – public school; Edwin Evert, son, age 16, single, born in Illinois, occupation: helper – artificial flowers; Herbert Evert, son, age 12, single, born in Illinois; Ruth Evert, daughter, age 9, single, born in Illinois; Roy Evert, son, age 8, single, born in Illnois; Mildred Evert, daughter, age 5, single, born in Illinois; Ernest Evert, son, age 2 2/12, single, born in Illinois.
According to the 1930 U.S. Census for Cranford Township, Union County, NJ living at 204 Hillcrest Ave., the household members were: Elmer Engvall, head, age 26, married at age 23, born in Illinois, parents born in Sweden, occupation: draftsman – western elect.; Ruth Engvall, wife, age 20, married at age 17, born in Illinois, parents born in Illinois; John C. Envall, son, age 1, single, born in New Jersey, parents born in Illinois, Mildred Evertt (sic), sister-in-law, age 15, single, born in Illinois, parents born in Illinois; Leroy Everett, brother-in-law, age 18, single, born in Illiois, parents born in Illinois, occupation: cable forman – western elect.
According to the 1940 U.S. Census for Chicago City, Cook County, IL living at 1861 Hoyne Ave., the household members were: Roy C. Evert, head, age 28, married, highest grade completed: 8, born in Illinois, lived in same place in 1935, occupation: automotive score machine operator – tools corp. mfg. co.; Evelyn Evert, wife, age 20, married, highest grade completed: H-2, born in Illinois, lived in same place in 1935; Roy Evert, son, age 1, single, born in Illinois.