GLADYS MARIE (THIEL) FRIEDRICH
Gladys Marie (Thiel) Frierich
(Photo by Vernon B. Paddock)
B. July 31, 1911 in Eldorado, Saline County, IL
D. August 23, 1997 in Round Lake Beach, Lake County, IL
Find A Grave memorial (click here)
- Father: John B. Thiel born about 1878 in Germany; John died in January 1948
According to the Chicago Tribune (Chicago IL) Tuesday, January 20, 1948, page 16:
“THIEL – John B. Thiel, of 7048 S. Emerald avenue, dearly beloved husband of Johanna, nee Krause, devoted father of Anna Gibson, Rose Biederman, Edith Tenegal, Gladys Friedrich, Theresa, Emma and Adella Thiel. Services Wednesday, 10 a.m., at chapel, 1716-18 W. 63rd street. Interment local. Pro. 1000-3889.”
- Mother: Johanna (Kraus) Thiel born in France about 1883; died October 1971
Johanna Thiel, nee Kraus, beloved wife of the late John B. Thiel; loving mother of Anna and Theresa Thiel, Gladys (John) Friedrich, Rose (Fred) Biedermann; Edith (Jean) Tenegal, Emma (the late Mike) McDonald and the late Aldella (Percy) Burtenshaw; grandmother of nine; great-grandmother of 10. Funeral Wednesday, Oct. 13, 9:30 a.m., from Curley Funeral home; Layden and Hederman Directors, 3510 W. 79th St., to St. Gerald Church. Mass 10 a.m. Interment St. Mary. 776-2400 or HU 3-1212.”
- Husband: John Friedrich born March 28, 1908 in Munchen, Germany; married Gladys Thiel on June 30, 1934 in Chicago, Cook County, IL; John died December 14, 1984 (See section pertaining to John Friedrich buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery)
- Ramona J. Friedrich born January 2, 1936 in Chicago, Cook County, IL; Ramona died March 13, 1944 in Round Lake, Lake County, IL (See section pertaining to Ramona J. Friedrich buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery)
- Richard H. Friedrich born October 31, 1938 in Round Lake Beach, Lake County, IL; Richard died March 13, 1944 in Round Lake Beach, Lake County, IL (See section pertaining to Richard H. Friedrich buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery)
- Anna (Thiel) Gibson born January 16, 1906 in Luxemburg, Germany; Anna died January 24, 1993; According to the Chicago Tribune (Chicago IL) Tuesday, January 26, 1993, page 67:
Anna Thiel, loving daughter of the late Johanna and John Thiel; dear sister of Gladys Friedrich, Rose (Fred) Bietermann, Edith (Jean) Tenegal and Emma McDonald; fond aunt of many nieces and nephews. Funeral Wednesday, 9:15 a.m. from Thompson & Kuenster Funeral Home, 5570 W. 95th St., to St. Gerald Church. Funeral Mass 10 a.m. Interment St. Mary Cemetery. Visitation Tuesday 2 to 9 p.m. 708-425-0500.”
- Theresa Thiel born July 4, 1913 in Illinois; Theresa died April 1987
- Rose (Thiel) Biedermann born May 27, 1915 in West Franfort, Franklins County, IL; married Fred Biedermann; Rose died November 28, 1995; last residence in Fort Myers, Lee County, FL; According to the News-Press (Fort Myers FL) Thursday, November 30, 1995, page 45:
Rose Biedermann, 80, of Fort Myers died Tuesday, Nov. 28, 1995, in Fort Myers. Formerly of Oak Lawn, Ill., Mrs. Biedermann had resided here for the past 18 years.
Surviving are her husband, Fred; three daughters: Joan (Harry) Parant of Delaware, Oh., Nancy Guidenbecker of Manhattan, Ill., Susan (Kurt) Lentz of Dumont, Col.; three sisters: Emma T. McDonald of Oak Lawn, Ill., Edith Tenegal of Burbank, Ill., Gladys Fredrich of Round Lake, Ill.; seven grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
Funeral services will be held on Saturday, Dec. 2, 1995, 10 a.m., from the chapel of the Phil Kiser Funeral Home, Inc., 9231 Cypress Lake Drive. Interment will follow in Lee Memorial Park. The family will receive friends on Friday, 3 – 5 p.m., at the funeral home.
Memorials may be made to M.D. Anderson Cancer Research Hosptial, Houston, Texas.”
- Adella (Thiel) Burtenshaw born about 1917; married Percy Burtenshaw on October 9, 1951 in Wood County, OH; Adella died before 1971
- Edith (Thiel) Tenegal born September 6, 1919 in West Frankfort, Franklin County, IL; married Jean Louis Tenegal (1913-1997) on September 29, 1937 in Cook County, IL; Edith died June 19, 1999;
Edith Tenegal, nee Thiel, beloved wife of the late Jean; loving mother of Sandra (David) Orr, Barbara (Hank) Ruban, Jean (Nadine) Tenegal and Loretta Tenegal; fond grandmother of 13; great-grandmother of six; fond aunt of many niesces and nephews. Funeral Thursday, 9:15 a.m. from Thompson & Kuenster Funeral Home, 5570 W. 95th St., to St. Gerald Church for Mass of Christian Burial 10 a.m. Interment Holy Sepulchre Cemetery. Visitation Wednesday, 2 to 9 p.m. 708-425-0500.”
- Emma T. (Thiel) McDonald born January 17, 1923 in West Frankfort, Franklin County, IL; married Michael H. McDonald Emma died May 26, 1999
Emma T. McDonald, nee Thiel, beloved wife of the late Michael H., dear sister to Edith Tenegal and the late Anna Thiel, Gladys Freidrich (sic), Theresa Thiel, Rose Biedermann and Adell Thiel; fond aunt, great-aunt and great-great-aunt to many nieces and nephews. Funeral Saturday, 8:45 a.m., from Thompson and Kuenster Funeral Home, 5570 W. 95th St., to St. Gerald Church for Mass at 9:30 a.m. Entombment Saint Mary Cemetery. Visitation Friday 2 to 9 p.m. Past President of Hometown Murray Auxiliary VFW Post 9773. In lieu of flowers, memorials to M.D. Anderson Cancer Research, P.O. Box 297153, Houston, TX 722797. 708-425-0500”
- Louise or Lucille Thiel born October 18, 1926 in West Frankfort, Franklin County, IL; Louise died October 18, 1926 in West Frankfort, Franklin County, IL; buried in Tower Heights Cemetery, West Frankfort, Franklin County, IL
According to the 1920 U.S. Census for Frankfort Heights, Franklin County, IL living on Crawford Street, the household members were: John Thiel, head, age 42, married immigrated in 1907, born in Germany, parents born in Germany, occupation: machine man – coal mines; Johanna Thiel, wife, age 37, immigrated in 1907, born in France, parents born in Bohemia; Anna Thiel, daughter, age 15, single, immigrated in 1907, born in Luxemburg; Mary Thiel, daughter, age 8, single, born in Illinois; Theresa Thiel, age 6, single, born in Illinois; Rosa Thiel, daughter, age 4 8/12, single, born in Illinois: Adella Thiel, daughter, age 2 11/12, single, born in Illinois; Edith Thiel, daughter, age 3/12, single, born in Illinois.
According to the 1930 U.S. Census for Chicago City, Cook County, IL living at 4921 50 S. Marshfield Ave., the household members were: Clark Wilson, head, age 29, married at age 28, born in New York, parents born in New York, occupation: carpenter – meat packer; Paline Wilson, wife, age 24, married at age 22, born in Illinois, parents born in New York; Gladys Theil (sic), boarder, age 18, single, born in Illinois, parents born in Germany, occupation: packer – meat packer.
According to the Daily Herald (Chicago IL) Tuesday, August 26, 1997, page 177:
“Gladys Marie Friedrich
Services for Gladys Marie Friedrich (nee Thiel), 86, of Round Lake Beach, will be held at 3 p. m. Wednesday at the Strang Funeral Chapel & Crematorium, Ltd., 410 E. Belvidere Road, Grayslake. The Rev. Lisle J. Kauffman of the Calvary Presbyterian Church of Round Lake will officiate. Burial will follow at the Fort Hill Cemetery in Round Lake.
Born July 31, 1911, in Eldorado, Ill., she died Saturday, Aug. 23, 1997, at the Hillcrest Nursing Facility in Round Lake Beach.
She was a resident of Round Lake since 1937, was formerly of West Frankfort, Ill., and was a member of the Round Lake Senior Citizens Club.
Survivors include her sisters, Edith Tenegal and Emma McDonald, both of Oak Lawn; her brother-in-law, Oscar Friedrich of Waukegan; and several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her husband, John, and her sister, Rose Biederman.
Friends of the family may visit at the funeral chapel on Wednesday from 12:30 p.m. to the time of services.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Round Lake Fire Department in her memory.
For information, (847) 223-8122.”