KENNETH GERALD HAGEN
Kenneth Gerald Hagen gravestone
(Photo by Vernon B. Paddock)
B. June 19, 1944 in Chicago, Cook County, IL
M. Vietnam Veteran, PFC, U.S. Marine Corps
D. August 4, 2000 in Lake County, IL
Find A Grave memorial (click here)
- Father: Chester Earl Hagen, Sr. born November 21, 1918 in Albert Lee, Freeborn County, MN, son of Clarence LeRoy Hagen, Sr. (1892-1954) and Karla Mary “Marie” (Jensen) (Hagen) Leinhold (1895-1963) (See section pertaining to Clarence LeRoy Hagen, Sr. buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery) (See section pertaining to Karla Mary “Marie” (Jensen) (Hagen) Leinhold buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery); WW II Veteran, Private First Class, 9400 Tech SVC Unitkenneth; Chester died September 26, 1968 in Hines, Cook County, IL (See section pertaining to Chester Earl Hagen, Sr. buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery)
- Mother: Margaret Emily (McCanless) Hagen born August 1, 1915, daughter of William Earl McCanless (1844-1966) and Margaret E. (Stevens) McCanless (1844-1944); Margaret died May 11, 1988 (See section pertaining to Margaret Emily (McCanless) Hagen buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery)
- Wife: Dolores “Dolly” (Wicinski) Hagen, daughter of Casimir F. Wicinski (1908-1972) and Catherine A. (Koziol) Wicinski (1911-2006)
- Kevin Hagen
- Kerry M. Hagen; married Barbara A.
- Babette (Hagen) Molidor; married Pat Molidor
- Chester Earl Hagen, Jr. born August 8, 1941 in Chicago, Cook County, IL; Navy Veteran; served during the Bay of Pigs, earned Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal; married Kathy (Settles) Struck, daughter of William S. Settles (1925-2001) and Shirley (Kaiser) Settles (1927-2010); Chester died February 19, 2005 in Elgin, Kane County, IL (See section pertaining to Chester Earl Hagen, Jr. buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery)
- Terrance A. “Terry” Hagen; Army Veteran; married (1) Wendy; married (2) Linda DiLeonardi, daughter of Frank Marco DiLeonardi (1935-1987) and Shirley DiLeonardi; married (3) Kathie Holub
According to the Daily Sentinel (Woodstock IL) Thursday, February 25, 1971, page 5:
“TERRANCE A. HAGEN
LEWIS, WASH. (AHTN-C) Feb. 8 – Army Private Terrance A. Hagen, whose mother, Mrs. Margaret E. Hagen, lives at 1102 West St., Spring Grove, Ill., recently completed eight weeks of basic training at the U.S. Army Training Center, Infantry, Ft. Lewis, Wash.
He received instruction in drill and ceremonies, weapons, map reading, combat tactics, military courtesy, military justice, fist aid, and army history and traditions.
Pvt. Hage, whose wife, Wendy, lives at 700 E. McKinley, Mundelein, Ill., attended Grant Community High School, Fox Lake.”
According to the Daily Herald (Arlington Heights IL) August 8, 2000, page 10:
“Kenneth G. Hagen of the Round Lake area
Visitation for Kenneth G. Hagen, 56, will be held from 4 to 9 p.m. today, at Strang Funeral Chapel & Crematorium, 410 E. Belvidere Road, Grayslake. Services and interment will be private.
Born in Chicago, he passed away Friday, Aug. 4, 2000.
Mr. Hagen served his country proudly in the Marines during the Vietnam War. He resided in the Round Lake area most of his life.
Survivors include his children, Kevin Hagen, Kerry (Barb) Hagen and Babette (Pat) Molidor and their mother, Dolly Hagen; grandchildren, Kyle and Troy Hagen, and Kelcy and Patrick Molidor; nephew, Chris Hagen; special beloved friends, Guy and Gene; and many nieces, nephews, friends and relatives.
For information, (847) 223-8122.”