MARY H. (MARBLE) HUSON
B. July 7, 1852 in Illinois
D. July 1905
Find A Grave memorial (click here)
- Father: Solomon Marble born February 20, 1796 in New York; married Catherine Bingama Converse in 1845; Solomon died March 17, 1879 in Waukegan, Lake County, IL (See section pertaining to Solomon Marble buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery)
- Mother: Catherine Bingama (Converse) Marble born August 1, 1813 in Vermont; Catherine died May 18, 1883 in Avon Township, Lake County, IL (See section pertaining to Catherine Bingama (Converse) Marble buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery)
- Husband: Marshall Booth Huson married on March 5, 1873; Marshall was born October 30, 1852 in Avon Township, Lake County, IL son of Dr. Richard Huson (1817-1877) and Sarah Elizabeth (Tyler) Huson (1818-1894); Marshall died December 8, 1929 in Wauconda, Lake County, IL (See section pertaining to Marshall Booth Huson buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery)
- Sarah E. “Sadie” (Huson) (Meade) Ames born September 6 1875 in Illinois; married (1) Jesse Meade (1868-1898) on November 18, 1893 in Lake County, IL; Sarah and Jesse had children: 1) Murieta E. (Meade) Hanger (1894-1985), 2) Russell L. Meade (1897-?), and 3) Bessie M. Meade (1898-?); married (2) Chester Carlton Ames; Sarah died January 23, 1947 in Libertyville, Lake County, IL; Sarah and Jesse are buried in East Fox Lake Cemetery, Lake Villa, Lake County, IL; According to the Independent Register (Libertyville IL) Thursday, January 30, 1947:
“Rites Are Held Sunday For Mrs. Sarah Ames
Funeral services were held Sunday afternoon from the Strang funeral home in Grayslake for Mrs. Sarah E. Ames, 71, who resided with a daughter, Mrs. Howard Murrie, 929 N. Milwaukee ave., Libertyville. She passed away Thursday at Condell Memorial hospital. Burial was in Fox Lake cemetery.
Mrs.Ames was born at Ft. Hill, in the vicinity of Round Lake, on Sept. 6, 1875. She resided in this vicinity her entire life. The following children survive: Mrs. Murieta Hanger, Chicago; Russell L. Meade, Rockford, and Mrs. Howard Murrie, Libertyville. Surviving brother and sisters are: George L. Huson, Round Lake; Mrs. Cora Martin, Chicago; Mrs. Roy (sic) Paddock, Wauconda; Mrs. Walter Sykes, Chepeck, Wis.; Mrs. Ralph Davis, Waukegan.”
- George Tyler Huson born May 5, 1879 in Lake County, IL; married Mary Elmira Graves (1882-1962) on December 9, 1901 in Lake County, IL daughter of Jesse A. Graves (1855-1917) and Louisa T. (Adams) Graves (1852-1937); George died April 14, 1952 (See section pertaining to George Tyler Huson buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery) (See section pertaining to Mary Elmira (Graves) Huson buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery)
- Coralyn “Cora” (Huson) Martin born April 20, 1883; married to Benjamin Johnson Martin (1883-1930) son of Bernard Martin and Elizabeth (Barker) Martin; Coralyn died June 5 1974 in Cook County, IL; (See section pertaining to Coralyn A. “Cora” (Huson) Martin buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery)
- Irma Grace (Huson) Paddock born November 21, 1886; married Ray Elliott Paddock on June 26, 1912 in Libertyville, Lake County, IL son of William Robert Paddock and Nancy (Stickney) Paddock; (See section pertaining to William Robert Paddock buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery) (See section pertaining to Nancy S. (Stickney) Paddock buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery); Irma died December 20, 1972 (See section pertaining to Irma Grace Paddock buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery) (See section pertaining to Ray Elliott Paddock buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery)
- Louise W. (Huson) Sykes born May 1, 1890 in Lake County, IL; married Walter H. Sykes (1885-1978); children are: 1) Joseph Sykes, 2) Clarence Sykes, and 3) George Sykes; Louise died July 28, 1972 in Chetek, Barron County, WI; Louise and Walter are buried in Lake View Cemetery, Chetek, Barron County, WI
- Zella Jenette (Huson) Davis born August 10, 1894 in Illinois; married Ralph Harrington Davis (1894-1964) son of Simon A. Davis (1863-1948) and Helena (Harrington) Davis (1863-1933); children are 1) Simon A. Davis, Zella died 1961; Zella and Ralph are buried in Avon Centre Cemetery, Grayslake, Lake County, IL
- Converse Marble born November 2, 1847 in Avon Township, Lake County, IL; married Arabella King on October 3, 1870, a granddaughter of Levi Marble and daughter of Chauncy King (1809-1871) and Hannah (Marble) King (1819-1903); Converse died December 22, 1926 in Sheboygan County, WI; Converse and Arabelle are buried in Sheboygan Falls Cemetery, Sheboygan Falls, Sheboygan County, WI; According to the Sheboygan Press (Sheboygan WI) Wednesday, December 22, 1926, page 13:
BRINGS DEATH TO
Sheboygan Falls, – Converse Marble, 79, died at 7:15 a. m. today as the result of a stroke which he received a week ago.
Although retired from business for many years, Mr. Marble was well known in this community and was in possession of a large list of friends. He was born Nov. 2, 1847, in Avon township, Lake county, Illinois. Mr. Marble resided in Chicago from 1870 until 1883 and then went to South Dakota where he engaged in stock raising until 1892.
During the past fourteen years he lived in Sheboygan Falls, with the exception of the winter months when he went to Florida. He was a member of Waukegan chapter of the A. F. and A. M.
He was married to Miss Arabella King at Sheboygan Falls on Oct. 3, 1870. Mrs. Marble and one sister, Cora Cleveland, Lake Villa, Illinois, survive him.”
- Coroline “Cora” (Marble) Cleveland born March 5, 1849 in Avon Township, Lake County, IL; married Erastus Tyler Cleveland (1849-1927) on November 26, 1867 in Lake County, IL; Coroline died January 15, 1927 in Lake Villa, Lake County, IL (See section pertaining to Coroline “Cora” (Marble) Cleveland buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery)
- Half Siblings:
- Sabrina (Marble) Brown born March 13, 1830 in Willoughby, Lake County, OH; married Captain James B. Brown (1824-1910) in 1847 son of William Brown and Sarah “Sally” (Boutwell) Brown; James married Lucinda L. Pearce as his second wife on May 18, 1896 in Lake County, IL; Sabrina died November 11, 1895 in Grayslake, Lake County, IL; Sabrina and James are buried in Grant Cemetery, Ingleside, Lake County, IL
According to the 1880 U.S. Census for the Town of Avon, Lake County, IL the household members were: Marshal Huson, age 28, married, occupation: farmer, born in Illinois, parents born in New York; Mary Huson, age 27, wife, married, born in Illinois, father born in New York, mother born in Vermont; Sarah Huson, age 4, daughter, single, born in Illinois; Georg Huson, age 1, son, single born in Illinois; Erastus Cleveland, age 36, married, occupation: farmer, born New York, parents bornin New York; Cora Cleveland, age 31, wife, married, born in Illinois, father born in New York, mother born in Illinois; John Cleveland, age 10, son, single, born in Illinois; and Kate Cleveland, age 5, daughter, single, born in Illinois
According to the 1900 U.S. Census for Avon Township, Lake County, IL the household members were: Marshall B. Huson, head, born Oct. 1852, age 47, married for 27 years, born in Illinois, parents born in New York, occupation: farmer; Mary H. Huson, wife, born July 1842, age 47, married for 27 years, 6 children born, 6 children living, born in Illinois, parent born in New York; George G. Huson, son, born May 1879, age 21, single, born in Illinois; occupation: farm laborer; Cora Huson, daughter, born April 1883, age 17, single, born in Illinois; Erma Huson, daughter, born November 1886, age 15, single, born in Illinois; Louise Huson, daughter, born May 1890, age 10, single, born in Illinois; Zella Huson, daughter, born August 1894, age 5, single, born in Illinois; Thomas Evich, boarder, born July 1849, age 50, single, born in Poland, parents born in Poland, immigrated in 1884, occupation: teamster
According to the Lake County Independent (Libertyville, IL) Friday, July 21, 1905, page 8:
The funeral of Mrs. Mary Huson at her late home on Sunday last was largely attended. She leaves a husband, one son and five daughters to mourn her departure”