MERCY E. (BIGELOW) KINGMAN
B. September 28, 1772 in Cummington, Hampshire County, MA
D. February 23, 1867 in Hainesville, Lake County, IL
Find A Grave memorial (click here)
- Husband: Isaac Kingman born November 18, 1776 in Goshen, Hampshire County, MA son of Isaac Kingman, Jr. (1747-1839) and Content (Packard) Kingman (1747-1841); married Mercey E. Bigelow on November 26, 1801 in Cummington, Hampshire County, MA; Isaac died January 27, 1867 in Hainesville, Lake County, IL (See section pertaining to Isaac Kingman buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery)
- Sharon Kingman born 1801; died December 14, 1843; he married Abigail Thayer; buried in Chester Cemetery, Chesterland, Geauga County, OH
- Maria (Kingman) White born July 8, 1806 in Cummington, Hampshire County, MA; married Nahum White (1800-1875) in 1826; died November 15, 1875; Maria and Nahum are buried in Grant Cemetery, Ingleside, Lake County, IL.
- Edmund Kingman born October 15, 1808 in Cummington, Hampshire County, MA; married Hannah Hawes (1812-1843) on October 1832 in Chester, Geauga, OH; died February 6, 1890 in Independence, Buchanan County, IA; buried in Millard Cemetery, Millard, Walworth County, WI.
- William Bigelow Kingman born January 8, 1810 in Northampton, Hampshire County, MA; a Private in Company D, 46th Infantry Regiment Wisconsin; married Charity Scranton (1816-1890) in 1833; died April 19, 1894 in Baraboo, Sauk County, WI; buried in Walnut Hill Cemetery, Baraboo, Sauk County, WI (1810-1894)
- Charles Noble Kingman born September 24, 1812 in Cummington, Hampshire County, MA; married Eliza Ann Hendricks (1819-1864) on May 4, 1837 in Cuyahoga County, OH; died May 4, 1885 in Des Moines, Polk County, IA; buried in Pin Hill Cemetery, Des Moines, Polk County, IA.
According to the 1850 U.S. Census for the Town Lafayette District, Walworth County WI, the household members were: William B. Kingman, age 39, occupation: farmer, born in Massachusetts; Carity (sic Charity) Kingman, age 35, born in New York; Clarissa Kingman, age 15, born in Ohio, deaf and dumb; Charlette N. Kingman, age 7, born in Ohio; Isaac Kingman, age 75, born in Massachusetts; Mercy Kingman, age 78, born in Connecticut; Charles Lenton, age 22, occupation: laborer, born in England.
According to the 1860 U.S. Census for the Town of Spring Prarie, WI with a Spring Prairie post office, the household members were: Charles N. Kingman, age 47, occupation: farmer, born in Massachusetts; Eliza A. Kingman, age 41, born in New York; Abrson C. Kingman, age 21, occupation: farmer, born in Ohio; Anson H. Kingman, age 21, occupation: farmer, born in Ohio; Mariette Kingman, age 20, born in Ohio; Isaac Kingman, age 84, born in Massachusetts; Mercy Kingman, age 88, born in Connecticut; Christana Tippman, age 15, occupation: domestic, born in Saxony.
According to the Springfield Republican (Springfield, MA) Thursday, March 14, 1867, page 4:
“At Hainesville, Ill., January 27, Isaac Kingman, 91; 25th, Mercy, 96, widow of Isaac Kingman, both formerly of Cummington.”