MERCY E. (BIGELOW) KINGMAN
Mercy E. (Bigelow) Kingman gravestone
(Photo by Vernon B. Paddock)
B. September 28, 1772 in Cummington, Hampshire County, MA
D. February 23, 1867 in Hainesville, Lake County, IL
Find A Grave memorial (click here)
- Husband: Isaac Kingman born November 18, 1776 in Goshen, Hampshire County, MA son of Isaac Kingman, Jr. (1747-1839) and Content (Packard) Kingman (1747-1841); married Mercey E. Bigelow on November 26, 1801 in Cummington, Hampshire County, MA; Isaac died January 27, 1867 in Hainesville, Lake County, IL (See section pertaining to Isaac Kingman buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery)
- Sharon Kingman born 1801; died December 14, 1843; he married Abigail Thayer; buried in Chester Cemetery, Chesterland, Geauga County, OH
- Maria (Kingman) White born July 8, 1806 in Cummington, Hampshire County, MA; married Nahum White (1800-1875) in 1826; died November 15, 1875; Maria and Nahum are buried in Grant Cemetery, Ingleside, Lake County, IL.
- Edmund Kingman born October 15, 1808 in Cummington, Hampshire County, MA; married Hannah Hawes (1812-1843) on October 1832 in Chester, Geauga, OH; died February 6, 1890 in Independence, Buchanan County, IA; buried in Millard Cemetery, Millard, Walworth County, WI.
- William Bigelow Kingman born January 8, 1810 in Northampton, Hampshire County, MA; a Private in Company D, 46th Infantry Regiment Wisconsin; married Charity Scranton (1816-1890) in 1833; died April 19, 1894 in Baraboo, Sauk County, WI; buried in Walnut Hill Cemetery, Baraboo, Sauk County, WI (1810-1894)
- Charles Noble Kingman born September 24, 1812 in Cummington, Hampshire County, MA; married Eliza Ann Hendricks (1819-1864) on May 4, 1837 in Cuyahoga County, OH; died May 4, 1885 in Des Moines, Polk County, IA; buried in Pin Hill Cemetery, Des Moines, Polk County, IA.
According to the 1850 U.S. Census for the Town Lafayette District, Walworth County WI, the household members were: William B. Kingman, age 39, occupation: farmer, born in Massachusetts; Carity (sic Charity) Kingman, age 35, born in New York; Clarissa Kingman, age 15, born in Ohio, deaf and dumb; Charlette N. Kingman, age 7, born in Ohio; Isaac Kingman, age 75, born in Massachusetts; Mercy Kingman, age 78, born in Connecticut; Charles Lenton, age 22, occupation: laborer, born in England.
According to the 1860 U.S. Census for the Town of Spring Prarie, WI with a Spring Prairie post office, the household members were: Charles N. Kingman, age 47, occupation: farmer, born in Massachusetts; Eliza A. Kingman, age 41, born in New York; Abrson C. Kingman, age 21, occupation: farmer, born in Ohio; Anson H. Kingman, age 21, occupation: farmer, born in Ohio; Mariette Kingman, age 20, born in Ohio; Isaac Kingman, age 84, born in Massachusetts; Mercy Kingman, age 88, born in Connecticut; Christana Tippman, age 15, occupation: domestic, born in Saxony.
According to the Springfield Republican (Springfield, MA) Thursday, March 14, 1867, page 4:
“At Hainesville, Ill., January 27, Isaac Kingman, 91; 25th, Mercy, 96, widow of Isaac Kingman, both formerly of Cummington.”