ANN MAE (CONLEY) LUCAS
D. November 1965
Find A Grave memorial (click here)
- Father: Charley Conley born December 30, 1884 in Morgan County, KY, son of William H. “Will” Conley and Emaline “Emma” Conley; Charley died in August 13, 1964 in West Liberty, Morgan County, KY; buried in Adkins Cemetery, Lenox, Morgan County, KY (NOTE: There are a number of small cemeteries in the area and the exact location is unknown)
According to the Lexington Herald (Lexington KY) Sunday, August 16, 1964, page 16:
WEST LIBERTY – Charley Conley, 79, died at 6 p.m. Friday at the West Liberty Hospital. He was a native of Morgan County.
Surviving are two daughters, Mrs. Lou E. Keeton, Baltimore, and Mrs. Anna Mae Lucas, Round Lake, Ill.; a son, Homer Conley, Daytona Beach, Fla.; two sisters, Mrs. Sarah Jane Adkins, Clearfield, and Mrs. Anna Adkins, Index, and three grandchildren.
Services will be conducted at 2 p.m. Monday at the Herald and Stewart Funeral Chapel by the Rev. Jesse Smith. Burial will be in the Adkins Cemetery at Elk Fork. The body is at the funeral home.”
According to the Kentucky, U.S., Death Records, 1852-1965:
“COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
DIVISION OF VITAL STATISTICS
CERTIFICATE OF DEATH
Place of Death: Morgan, West Liberty, West Liberty Hospital; Usual Residence: KY, Morgan County, West Liberty; Is residence a farm? No; Is residence inside city limits? Yes; Name of Deceased: Charley Conley; Date of Death: 8-13-64; Sex: M; Color or Race: Cauc; Widowed; Date of Birth: 12-30-1884; Age: 79; Usual Occupation: Laborer; Birthplace: Morgan Co. KY; Citizen of What Country?: USA; Father’s Name: Will Conley; Mother’s Maiden Name: Emma Conley; Informant: Ann Lucas; Name of Cemetery: Adkins Cem
- Mother: Elizabeth “Lizzie” (Adkins) Conley born in Morgan County, KY
- Husband: Harry W. Lucas born April 16, 1910; Harry died January 1972; last residence in Zion, Lake County, IL
According to the Chicago Tribune (Chicago IL) Saturday, January 29, 1972, page 72:
“Lucas – Harry W. Lucas, age 61, of Round Lake, Ill., beloved husband of the late Ann M. Lucas; dear father of Delores Lucas; fond step-brother of Edward Davis and Frank Davis Jr. Member of Carpenters Union. Rest at Strang Funeral Chapel, 410 E. Belvidere Rd., Grayslake, 7 p. m. Saturday, until funeral services 11 a. m. Monday. Interment private. 223-8122.
- Dolores Ann Lucas
- Lou Emma (Conley) Keaton born April 23, 1907 in Kentucky; married John M. Keaton; Lou died September 20, 1997; last residence: Baltimore, Maryland
According to the Baltimore Sun (Baltimore MD) Monday, September 22, 1997, page 100:
“KEATON, Granny E.
On September 20, 1997 LOU EMMA “GRANNY” (nee Conley) of SW Baltimore, beloved mother of Boyd Keaton Sr. and Magadline Maclin of Texas. Also survived by eight grandchildren, 16 great grandchildren and three great great grandchildren..
Mrs. Keaton rests at THE HUBBARD FUNERAL HOME INC., 4107 Wilkens avenue, where funeral services will be held on Wednesday at 11 A.M. Interment Crestlawn Memorial Cemetery. The family will receive visitors 3 to 5 and 7 to 9 P.M. Monday and Tuesday.”
- Clinton Conley born July 14, 1915 in Morgan County, KY; Clinton died June 29, 1916 in Morgan County, KY
- Homer Conley born March 12, 1917 in Kentucky; Army Veteran (August 3, 1942 – August 3, 1945); married Ethel Lou Dyson on November 23, 1975 in Volusia County, FL; Homer died April 25, 1988 in Volusia County, FL; last residence in Holly Hill, Volusia County, FL; buried in Greenwood Cemetery, Daytona Beach, Volusia County, FL
According to the Chicago Tribune (Chicago IL) Thursday, November 11, 1965, page 111:
“LUCAS – Ann M. Lucas, age 56, of Round Lake Beach, Ill., beloved wife of Harry W.; dear mother of Dolores Ann Lucas; fond sister of Lou Emma Keaton and Homer Conley. Resting at Strang Funeral Chapel, 410 E. Belvidere street, Grayslake, Ill. Funeral services 1 p. m. Thursday. Interment Fort Hill cemetery, Round Lake. 223-8122.”