Stanley Miller gravestone
(Photo by Vernon B. Paddock)
B. February 6, 1922 in Youngstown, Mahoning County, OH
D. October 11, 1986 (last residence: Round Lake, Lake County, IL)
Find A Grave memorial (click here)
- Father: Marko Vukich (aka Michael Miller) born about 1881 in Austria
- Mother: Magdalene “Margaret” (Silak) Vukich (aka Mary (Silak) Miller) born about 1901 in Austria; possibly died before 1940
- Wife 1: Edna Miller; divorced June 16, 1958 in Mahoning County, OH
- Wife 2: Violet (Gordon) Everhart born July 20, 1921 in Cumberland, Allegany County, MD, daughter of Marshall Gordon and Lucy (Smith) Gordon; married February 2, 1960 in Summit County, OH and divorced August 14, 1968 in Summit County, OH; she was the former husband of Daniel Everhart
- Wife 3: Marion Elinor (Turner) Olsen born October 25, 1920 in Round Lake, Lake County IL, daughter of Edward A. Turner and Nellie A. (Vasey) Turner; married (1) Harvey Elmer Olsen (1915-1964) in 1943 (See section pertaining to Harvey Elmer Olsen buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery); married (2) Stanley Miller; Marion died August 7, 2014 in Delavan Lake, Walworth County, WI (See section pertaining to Marion Elinor (Turner) (Olson) Miller buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery)
- Children of Stanley and Edna Miller
- Linda Jean Miller
- Peter “Peter” Vukich (aka Peter Miller) born December 5, 1916 in Mineral Ridge, Mahoning County, OH; married (1) Ann Maravich (1914-1970) on November 8, 1936; married (2) Loretta Burnedette (Steinkraus) Gardner on July 31, 1971 in Deer Lodge, Powell County, MT; Peter died May 31, 1994 in Seattle, King County, WA; Peter and Ann are buried in Lower Hill Cemetery, Anaconda, Deer Lodge County, MT
According to the Montana Standard (Butte MT) Tuesday, June 7, 1994, page 5:
“Peter “Pete” Vukich, 77
Pete Vucich (sic), age 77, proud of his family and heritage, was born December 5, 1916 in Mineral Ridge, Ohio. The 2nd of Twelve children born to immigrant parents Marko and Magdalene (Silak) Vukich. He passed away on May 31, 1994 in Seattle, Washington. Pete was deprived by the Depression of a formal education, he worked to assist in the support of his family through whatever jobs were available.
At the age of 18 he joined the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) and was placed in a camp at Whitehall, Montana. Corps members worked at clearing canyon walls of fallen rock and debris as well as being sent throughout the Northern Rockies to carry equipment and supplies to fight remote forest fires.
In 1935 Pete moved to Anaconda with another Corps member Eli Mamula, who introduced Pete to his cousin Ann Maravich. They were married on November 8, 1936. They had one son and one daughter. Ann passed away on January 15, 1970.
Pete worked for the Anaconda Company as a Boilermaker prior to joining F & S Construction Co. in 1941 as a teamster. Throughout his career he worked for many of the major highway projects in Montana. He later continue his career with the General Contractors (which purchased F & S) as Superintendant of the Lime Quarry west of Anaconda. He retired in 1979 and resided in Anaconda until 1989 when he moved to Edmonds, Washington to be near his family. He loved Edmonds waterfront and the Washington coast, watching boats and ships of all kinds and small aircrafts.
Pete was fiercely proud of his Slavic heritage and travelled to several musical extravaganzas throughout the United States to hear Tamburitz orchestra play. He also travelled to Yugoslavia in 1988. He was a charter member of St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Church of Issaquah, Washington and is the immediate past Kum of the congregation. He deeply treasured the many close friendships developed during his years of work in the church.
He is preceded in death by his beloved wife Ann, he was loyal until his death to all of his family.
Memorials in lieu of flowers are requested to St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Church, P.O. Box 101, Issaquah, WA 98027, or Northwest Hospital Foundation, 1550 N. 115th St, Seattle, WA 98133.
Survivors include: A daughter and son-in-law; Mary and John Chiddix of Edmonds, Washington. A son and daughter-in-law; Bob and Susan Vukich of Seattle. Four grandchildren: J. Olen and Ellen Ann Chiddix of Seattle, Bob Vucich (sic) of South Jordan, Utah, and Vona Whittlesey of Aloha, Oregon; 5 Great-grandchildren. A brother Bob Miller, 5 sisters: Rose Davis, Lee Harvey, Carolyn Mullen, Lillian Lawson, and Millie Joroniski all of Ohio. 4 aunts Mary Garcia, Helen Perkovich, Ann Kubinec, and Rose White all of Ohio. Numerous nieces and nephews and other relatives.
Graveside services will be conducted Friday morning at 11:00 a.m. at the Lower Hill Cemetery with Father Dusan Koprivicia from Holy Trinity Servian Orthodox Church officiating. The wake service will be held at the Anaconda Chapel of KT Riddle Funeral Home Thursday from 4 to 8 p.m. and Friday morning from 8 to 10 a.m. Services were already held in Issaquah and Edmonds, Washington.
KT Riddle Funeral Funeral Home is care of local servcies, 520 Oak Street, Anaconda.”
- Carolyn “Caroline” Jean (Miller) Mullen born November 27, 1918 in Youngstown, Trumbull County, OH; Carolyn died August 17, 1995 in Niles, Trumbull County, OH
- Anna B. Miller born about 1921 in Ohio
- Rose (Miller) Davis born about 1925 in Ohio
- Marie “Mary” Miller born about 1927 in Ohio
- Lillian Elizabeth (Miller) Lawson born May 7, 1929 in Youngstown, Mahoning County, OH; Lilliam died August 30, 1994 (aka Lillian Elizabeth Miller; Lillian Elizabeth Vukich; aka Lillian Elizabeth Lawson)
- Robert Miller born about 1933 in Ohio
- Mildred “Millie” (Miller) Joroniski born about 1935 in Ohio
- Paul Miller born November 2, 1936 in Mahoning County, OH; Paul died March 26, 1985 in Youngstown, Mahoning County, OH; buried in New Springfield, Mahoning County, OH
According to the 1930 U.S. Census for Youngstown City, Mahoning County, OH living at 2136 James St., the household members were:
“Mike Miller, head, age 49, married at age 26, born in Austria, parents born in Austria, immigrated in 1907, occupation: laborer – steel plant; Mary Miller, wife, age 29, married at age 15, born in Austria, parents born in Austria; Caroline Miller, daughter, age 11, single, born in Ohio; Peter Miller, son, age 13, single, born in Ohio; Anna B. Miller, age 9, single, born in Ohio; Stanley Miller, son, age 8, single, born in Ohio; Rose Miller, daughter, age 5, single, born in Ohio; Mary Miller, daughter, age 3 2/12, singe, born in Ohio; Lillian Miller, daughter, age 11/12, single, born in Ohio; Andrew Sultan, roomer, age 35, single, born in Austria, parents born in Austria, immigrated in 1910, occupation: laborer – steel plant”
According to the 1940 U.S. Census for Youngstown, Mahoning County, OH living at 1238 Waverly St., the household members were:
“Michael Miller, head, age 58, widowed, highest grade completed: 0; born in Czecko Slovakia, lived in same place in 1935; occupation: laborer – steel mill; Stanley Miller, son, age 18, single, highest grade completed: 8, born in Ohio, lived in same place in 1935, occupation: new worker; Rose Miller, daughter, age 15, single, highest grade completed: 7, born in Ohio, lived in same place in 1935; Marie Miller, daughter age 13, single, highest grade completed: 6, born in Ohio, lived in same place in 1935; Robert Miller, daughter (sic), age 7, single; highest grade completed: 2, born in Ohio, lived in same place in 1935; Mildred Miller, age 5, single, born in Ohio; Paul Miller, age 3, single, born in Ohio; Lillian Miller, age 12, single, highest grade completed: 4, born in Ohio, lived in same place in 1935”
According to the U.S. WWII Draft Cards Young Men, 1940-1947:
“Name: Stanley Mill; Age 20; Birth Date: 6 Feb 1922; Birth Place: Youngstown, Ohio, USA; Residence Place: Anaconda, Deer Lodge, Montana, USA; Registration Date: 30, Jun 1942; Registration Place: Montana, USA; Employer: Unemployed; Weight: 168; Complexion: Dark; Eye Color: Brown; Hair Color: Brown; Height: 5 9; Next of Kin: Mike Miller
According to the 1950 U.S. Census for Anaconda, Deer Lodge, Montana living in Room 7 of Condor Rooms, Rooming House, the household members were:
“Stanley Miller, roomer, age 28, seperated, born in Ohio, Occupation: Laborer – Copper smelter”
According to the Summit County, OH, Marriage Records, 1840-1980:
“IN THE MATTER OF
Pre-Marital Certificate No. 61,868
Stanley Miller and Violet Everhart
The undersigned respectively make their application for a Marriage License for said parties, and upon oath state:
That said Stanley Miller, is 37 years of age on the 5th day of February, 1959,; his residence is 672 Spicer Street, Akron, 11, Ohio; his place of birth is Youngstown, Ohio; his place of birth is Youngstown, Ohio; his occupation is Truck Driver; his father’s name is Michael Miller; his mother’s maiden name was Mary Silak; that he was once previously married, now divorced, and that he has no wife living.
State: Ohio; County: Mahoning; Date of Decree: 6/16/1958; No. of Decree: 154-751; Name of former wife: Edna Miller; Name of minor children: Linda Jean Miller.
MARRIAGE LICENSE APPLICATION.
To the Honorable Judge of the Probate Court of said County:
That said Violet Everhart, is 38 years of age on the 20th day of July, 1959, her residence is 236 Irisdale Place, Akron, 11, Summit County, O.; her place of birth is Cumberland, Maryland; her occupation is non; her father’s name is Marshall Gordon; her mother’s maiden name was: Lucy Smith; that she was once previously married and is now a divorced woman; her married name being Violet Everhart; that she has no husband living.
State: Ohio; County: Summit; Date of Decree: 12/23/59; No. of Decree: 214,875; Name of former husband: Daniel Everhart; Name of minor children: David Everhart.
Marriage Certificate: No. 164,461
I DO HEREBY CERTIFY, That on the 2nd day of February, A.D. 1960, I solemnized the Marriage of Mr. Stanley Miller with Mrs. Violet Everhart. Filed and Recorded Feb. 11th, 1960. Harold R. Kernes, Minister, Akron, Ohio, Vincent Zurz, Probate Judge.”