INFANT SON PADDOCK
Infant Son Paddock gravestone
(Photo by Vernon B. Paddock)
B. September 10, 1904 in Lake County, IL
D. September 10, 1904 in Lake County, IL
Inscription: “Infant Son of A.E. & J.L. Paddock”
Find A Grave memorial (click here)
(NOTE: The only determination I can make is the parents are Albert E. “Bert” Paddock and Josephine L. “Josie” (Mutaw) Paddock. The following is information on this family)
- Father: Albert Edgar “Bert” Paddock born October 5, 1865 in Wauconda Township, Lake County, IL, son of William Robert and Nancy (Stickney) Paddock (See section pertaining to William Robert Paddock buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery) (See section pertaining to Nancy S. (Stickney) Paddock buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery); married Josephine L. Mutaw on January 29, 1890 in Milwaukee, Milwaukee County, WI; Albert died September 19, 1946 in Wauconda, Lake County, IL; buried in Wauconda Cemetery, Lake County, IL
According to the McHenry Plaindealer (McHenry IL) Thursday, September 26, 1946, page 1:
“Albert E. Paddock
Albert E. Paddock, 80 years old, a son of pioneer Wauconda township parents, died at St. Therese hospital, Waukegan, last Friday, September 20, 1946, after an illness of several months.
The deceased was born on the family homestead in 1886, and lived his entire lifetime in that community. He was a farmer by vocation. During his early years he thus became well known throughout the county.
Survivors include his widow, Josephine; two sons, Leslie, residing in California, and Earl, of McHenry; one daughter, Mrs. Leslie Turnbull, Wauconda; one sister, Lola, of Elgin; and a brother, Senator Ray Paddock, of Lake county.
Funeral services were held at 2:30 o’clock on Sunday afternoon from the Strang chapel in Grayslake, with Rev. Reed officiating. The Grayslake chapter, A. F. & A. M., was in charge of rites. Burial was in Wauconda.”
- Mother: Josephine Lucy “Josie” (Mutaw) Paddock born August 10, 1872 in Gurnee, Lake County, IL, daughter of Lucien Mutaw (1831-1916) and Nancy H. (Harvey) Mutaw (1830-1915); Lucien and Nancy are buried in Oakwood Cemetery, Waukegan, Lake County, IL; Josephine died June 28, 1940 in Libertyville, Lake County, IL; buried in Wauconda Cemetery, Lake County, IL. (NOTE: Josephine is the granddaughter of Jonathan and Wealthy (Buell) Harvey. Wealthy remarried Erastus Rudd after the death of Jonathan. They lived in the home better known today as the “Mother Rudd House” in Gurnee, Lake County, IL.
- Robert Earl “Earl” Paddock born September 15, 1891 in Grant Township, Lake County IL; married Kathryn L. Wagner on October 14, 1914 in Elgin, Kane County, IL; Earl died August 4, 1963 in Waukegan, Lake County, IL; Earl and Kathryn are buried in Saint Mary’s Catholic Cemetery, McHenry, McHenry County, IL
According to the McHenry Plaindealer (McHenry IL) Thursday, August 8, 1963, page 3:
“EARL R. PADDOCK
A funeral Mass was sung at St. Mary’s Catholic church at 11 o’clock Wednesday morning for Earl R. Paddock, 71, who died Sunday, Aug. 4, in St. Therese hospital, Waukegan, where he had been a patient for four days. Burial was in the church cemetery.
Mr. Paddock was a native of Round Lake, where he was born Sept. 15, 1891. For the past eighteen years had resided at 3411 W. Washington street, McHenry.
Mr. Paddock, a retired dairy farmer, was a member of the Men’s Catholic Order of Foresters and the Holy Name society of St. Mary’s church.
He is survived by his widow, Kathryn; four sons, Rev. Richard Paddock of Rock Falls, Ill., Ronald of Waukegan, Everett of Grayslake and Earl Jr., of McHenry; ten grandchildren; a sister, Phyllis Turnbull, of Wauconda; and two brothers, Owen of Elmhurst and Leslie of Los Angeles, Calif.
The body rested at the George R. Justen & Son funeral home until the time of last rites.”
- Albert Leslie “Leslie” Paddock born February 26, 1893 in Grant Township, Lake County, IL; married Anna E. Rommel (1893-1968), daughter of Gerhart “Garret” Rommel Jr (1857-1904) and Elizabeth Eva “Lizzie” (Rendler) Rommel (1867-1968); Albert died May 4, 1971 in Glendale, Los Angeles County, CA; Leslie and Anna are buried in Forest Lawn Memorial Park, Glendale, Los Angeles County, CA
- Owen Mutaw Paddock born September 16, 1894 in Grant Township, Lake County, IL; married Hallie Loretta Seymour (1898-1989) in July 1916, daughter of Ramond Franklin Seymour (1879-1951) and Jessie I (Monahan) Seymour (1879-1976); Owen died June 1975 in Harrison, Boone County, AR; Owen and Hallie are buried in Maplewood Cemetery, Harrison, Boone County, AR
- Phyllis Nancy (Paddock) Turnbull born April 19, 1896 in Round Lake, Lake County, IL; married Leslie Ford Turnbull (1886-1972) on August 04, 1915 in Waukegan, Lake County, IL, son of Joseph B. Turnbull (1847-1929) and Mary J. (Hughes) Turnbull (1848-1925) ; Phyllis died May 1, 1979 in Zion, Lake County, IL; Phyllis and Leslie are buried in Wauconda Cemetery, Wauconda, Lake County, IL
According to the Lake County Independent, April 15, 1904:
“We are sorry to hear of the serious illness of Mrs. Albert Paddock.”
According to the Lake County Independent (Libertyville IL) Friday, September 30, 1905, page 8:
“The many friends of Mrs. Bert Paddock will be glad to hear that she is recovering from her recent severe illness.”