MARTHA ANN (DAMIJONAITES) RAIHLE
B. February 14, 1921 in Waukegan, Lake County, IL
D. April 11, 1998 in Zion, Lake County, IL
Find A Grave memorial (click here)
- Father: George A. Damijonaitis born November 15, 1890 in Lithuania, Russia; George died February 1973
- Mother: Agnes (Paulakaitis) Damijonaitis born about 1892 in Lithuania
- Husband: Edward Raihle, Jr. born June 19, 1916 in Chicago, Cook County, IL; married in Round Lake Beach; Edward died November 11, 1978 (See section pertaining to Edward Raihle buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery)
- James Raihle; married Dianne Stephens daughter of Harold J. Stephens (1920-2001) and Ritta Ann (Wojciechowski) Stephens (unknown-1989)
- George Albert Dutra born October 20, 1919 in Waukegan, Lake County, IL; married Lucy O’Malley; George died May 21, 1993 in Ramsey, Anoka County, MN; George and Lucy are buried in Guardian Angels Catholic Church Cemetery, Oakdale, Washington County, MN; According to the Star Tribune (Minneapolis MN) Sunday, May 23, 1993, page 28:
George A., age 73, of Woodbury. Preceded in death by wife, Lucy. Beloved father of James (Arlene), Charles of Chicago, IL, George Jr. (Pat) of N. St. Paul, and Mary of Woodbury. Special grandfather of Barb (James) Valois and 7 others. Mass of Christian Burial at GUARDIAN ANGELS CATHOLIC CHURCH, 8260 Hudson Blvd, Lake Elmo, Tuesday at 10:30 am. Interment church cemetery. Visitation at WULFF FAMILY SERVICES, WOODLAND MORTUARY, 2595 Woodlane Dr., Woodbury, Monday 4-8 pm and at church 1 hour preceding the Mass. memorials preferred to American Cancer Society or the Heart Fund.”
- Albert P. (Damijonaitis) Dayman born about 1926 in Illinois; married Vie
According to the 1930 U.S. Census for Waukegan City, Waukegan Township, Lake County, IL living at 526 May St., the household members were: George W. Damijonitis (sic), head, age 39, married at age 28, born in Lithuania, parents born in Lithuania, immigrated in 1912, occupation: laborer – steel mill; Agnes Damijonitis, wife, age 38, married at age 27, born in Lithuania, parents born in Lithuania, immigrated in 1914; George A. Damijonitis, son, age 10, single, born in Illinois; Martha A. Damijonitis, daughter, age 9, single, born in Illinois; Albert P. Damijonitis, son, age 4 1/12, single, born in Illinois.
According to the 1940 U.S. Census for Waukegan City, Waukegan Township, Lake County, IL living at 911 Ninth Street, the household members were: George Damijonaitis, head, age 49, married, born in Lilthuana, lived in same house in 1935, occupation: laborer – steel mill; Agnes Damijonaitis, wife, age 48, married, born in Lithuania, lived in same house in 1935; Martha Damijonaitis, age 19, single, highest grade completed: H-3, born in Illinois, lived in same house in 1935, occupation: housework – private home; Albert Damijonaitis, son, age 14, single, highest grade completed: 8, born in Illinois, lived in same house in 1935.
According to the News-Sun (Waukegan IL) April 14, 1998, page C4:
“Martha A. Raihle, 77, of Zion died Saturday, April 11, 1998 at Midwestern Regional Medical Center, Zion.
Martha was born February 14, 1921 in Waukegan.
She graduated from Waukegan Township High School and on June 7, 1958 she married Edward Raihle in Round Lake Beach where she lived until moving to Zion in 1979.
Survivors include 1 son, James (Dianne) Raihle of Ingleside, Illinois: 4 grandchildren, Douglas, Lisa, Luara and Jaclynn Raihle; 1 brother, Albert (Vie) Dayman of Oconomowoc, Wisconsin; 4 nephews and 1 niece.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Edward on November 11, 1978, by her father and mother George and Agnes Paulakaitis Damijonaitis and by 1 brother George Dutra.
Funeral Mass will be Wednesday, April 15, 1998 at 10AM at Our Lady of Humility Church, 10655 Wadsworth Road, Beach Park. Visitation will be Tuesday from 5:00 until 8:00 PM at CONGDON FUNERAL HOME, 3012 Sheridan Road. Memorial donations to the Martha Raihle Memorial fund, c/o Sheridan Health Care Center, 534 Elim Ave., Zion, IL 60099 have been suggested.”