ELEANORE IRENE (STEINER) RUSSELL
B. July 11, 1913 in Chicago, Cook County, IL
D. September 1975
Find A Grave memorial (click here)
- Father: Peter Steiner born about 1884 in Illinois son of Michael Steiner and Valetine (Zielinski) Steiner; married Nellie Keller on January 17, 1905 in Chicago, Cook County, IL; Peter died September 8, 1947 in Chicago, Cook County, IL
- Mother: Nellie (Kelma/Keller/Kelly) Steiner born about 1888 in Chicago, Cook County, IL; Nellie died June 28, 1932 in Chicago, Cook County, IL; buried in Saint Adalbert Catholic Cemetery, Niles, Cook County, IL
- Husband: Gene J. Russell born December 12, 1904 in Cedar Rapids, Linn County, IA, son of Henry J. Russell and Jennie (Collins) Russell; married Eleanore Steiner on June 15, 1940 in Clinton County, IA; Gene died May 1968 in Round Lake Beach, Lake County, IL (See section pertaining to Gene J. Russell buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery)
- Walter Steiner born about 1916 in Illinois
- Albert Steiner born about 1918 in Illinois
- Thomas Peter Steiner/Stajenka born June 8, 1919 in Chicago, Cook Coutny, IL; Army Veteran (September 23, 1942-February 12, 1946) Thomas died December 16, 1981 in Cook County, IL
- Dorothy Theresa (Steiner/Stajenka) Vukobratovich born March 8, 1923 in Chicago, Cook County, IL; Dorothy T. Stajenka married Mike Vukobratovich (1919-1977) on April 8, 1942 in Indiana; Dorothy died April 12, 1990; Dorothy and Mike are buried in Oak Hill Cemetery, Hammond, Lake County, IN
- Virginia Steiner/Stajenka born about 1925 in Illinois (NOTE: in 1940 listed as a resident of the St. Hedwig’s Orphan Institute in Niles, Cook County, IL, a Catholic orphanage for Polish children)
- Florence Dorothy Steiner/Stajenka born July 22, 1927 in Chicago, Cook County, IL (NOTE: in 1940 listed as a resident of the St. Hedwig’s Orphan Institute in Niles, Cook County, IL, a Catholic orphanage for Polish children)
- Martha T. (Steiner/Stajenka) Klasinski born December 28, 1929 in Cook County, IL (NOTE: in 1940 listed as a resident of the St. Hedwig’s Orphan Institute in Niles, Cook County, IL, a Catholic orphanage for Polish children); married Louis L. Klasinski (1920-1987) on April 23, 1949 in Chicago, Cook County, IL son of Leon Chester Klasinski (1894-1962) and Bernice M. (Harycki) Klasinski (1896-1975); Martha died June 25, 2009 in Wisconsin Rapids, Wood County, WI; Martha and Louis are buried in Guardian Angel Cemetery, Stevens Point, Portage County, WI; According to the Stevens Point Journal (Stevens Point WI) Saturday, June 27, 2009, page 2:
“Martha T. Klasinski
Martha T. Klasinski, 79, Stevens Point, died Thursday, June 25, 2009, at the Wisconsin Rapids Care Center.
Martha had worked for IBM and Curtis Candy Co. in Chicago before becoming a homemaker.
Survivors include three sons, Berny (Patti), Plover, Leonard and Joel (fiancee, Deborah S. Dulak), both of Stevens Point, four grandchildren, and 11 great grandchildren.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Monday at St. Stanislaus Catholic Church, Stevens Point. Burial will follow in Guardian Angel Cemetery. Visitation will be from 9:30 a.m. until the time for services Monday at church.
Pisarski/Dzikoski Funeral home, Stevens Point, is assisting the family with arrangements.”
According to the 1930 U.S. Census for Chicago, Cook County, IL living at 2165 Oakley Avenue, the household members were: Peter Steiner, head, age 46, married at age 22, born in Illinois, parents born in Poland, occupation: box maker – box maker; Nellie Steiner, wife, age 42, married at age 20, born in Illinois, parents born in Poland; Walter Steiner, son, age 14, single, born in Illinois; Eleanor Steiner, age 17, single, born in Illinois, occupation: factory hand – upholsterer; Albert Steiner, son, age 12, single, born in Illinois; Thomas Steiner, son, age 10, single, born in Illinois; Dorothy Steiner, daughter, age 7, single, born in Illinois; Virginia Steiner, daughter, age 5, single, born in Illinois; Florence Steiner, daughter, age 3 8/12, single, born in Illinois; Martha Steiner, daughter, age 2/12, single, born in Illinois.
According to the 1940 U.S. Census for Chicago City, Cook County, IL living at 1950 Humboldt Blvd, the household members were: (page 1B of the census records) Gene J. Russell, head, age 35, married, highest grade completed: H-2, born in Iowa, lived in same place in 1935, occupation: glass worker – reflector mfg; (page 61B of the census records) Eleanore I. Ressell, wife, age 26, married, highest grade completed: 8, born in Illinois, lived in same place in 1935
According to the Chicago Daily News (Chicago IL) Thursday, September 4, 1975, page 27:
Eleanore I. Russell (nee Steiner), of Round Lake Beach, Ill., beloved wife of the late Gene J., dear sister of Walter, George, Thomas, Josephine Schultz, Dorothy, Florence, and Martha. Services Friday, 11 a.m., at MacGillis Funeral Home, 350 Goodnow Blvd, Round Lake, Ill. Interment Fort Hill Cemetery. 546-3300.”