AUGUST JACK CORCILIUS
August Jack Corcilius
(Photo by Ancestry.com contributor kaako1990)
August Jack Corcilius gravestone
(Photo by Vernon B. Paddock)
B. March 22, 1937 in Chicago, Cook County, IL
D. December 21, 1991 in Kingman, Mohave County, AZ
Find A Grave memorial (click here)
- Father: August William Corcilius born September 2, 1888 in Uslar, Germany; arrived in the U.S. on December 1, 1911; married Marie E. Farber on June 12, 1915 in Chicago, Cook County, IL; August died April 21, 1964 in Round Lake, Lake County, IL; buried in Eden Memorial Park, Schiller Park, Cook County, IL
- Mother: Maria E. (Farber) Corcilius born February 16, 1899 in Germany; married August Corcilius on June 12, 1915 in Chicago, Cook County, IL; Maria died March 14, 1979 in LaGrange, Cook County, IL; buried in Eden Memorial Park, Schiller Park, Cook County, IL
According to the Chicago Tribune (Chicago IL) Friday, March 16, 1979, page 27:
Maria Corcilius, nee Farber, of Waukegan, beloved wife of the late August; dear mother of Ann (Tony) Soukup, Henry (Florence), Charles (Victoria) and August Jack (Nancy) Corcilius and the late Marie (Gus) Anderson; 12 grandchildren and 13 great-grandchildren; fond sister of Henry and Eckard Farber. Visitation Friday, 2:30 to 9:30 p.m., at Oehler Funeral Home, Lee at Perry Streets, Des Plaines, where services will be held kSaturday at 11 a.m. Interment Eden Memorial Park Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, memorials to your favorite charity appreciated. 824-5155.”
- Wife: Nancy Lee (Oehme) Corcilius born August 1, 1936 in Chicago, Cook County, IL; Nancy died January 13, 2011 in Arlington Heights, Cook Countyd, IL (See section pertaining to Nancy Lee (Oehme) Corcilius buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery)
- Keith Corcilious
- Kevin Corcilious; married Terri
- Kurt M. Corcilius; married Debbie J.
- Connie (Corcilius) Barnes; married Dwayne Barnes
- Carrie Ann (Corcilius) Merrill born March 13, 1961 in Illinois; Carrie died October 22, 2015 in Fennimore, Grant County, WI
According to the Larson Funeral Homes obituary archives for October 26, 2015:
“Carrie A. Merrill
Carried (Corcilius) Merrill, Age 54, died peacefully in her home in Fennimore late October 22nd surrounded by family. Carrie was born in Round Lake, IL, the youngest daughter of August “Jack” Corcilius and Nancy (Oehme) Corcilius and spent many years in Arizona where she worked as a nursing assistant and gave birth to her daughters before returning to the Midwest to be nearer to family. She made her home in Potosi and Lancaster, returning to her work as a caregiver before settling in Fennimore. Carrie struggled for many years with poor healthy and spent her final days with her daughters and doting on her grandchildren and much loved pets. The family wishes to thank Holly and her team at Crossing Rivers Hospice for their care and guidance during the last difficult weeks of Carrie’s life.
She is survived by her daughters Jacklyn Ottinger of New Orleans, LA, Kayla (Justin) Snyder of Fennimore and Jessica Ottinger of Fennimore; 3 grandchildren Aliana, Michael and Payton; and by her siblings Keith Corcilius, Kevin Corcilius, Kurt (Debbie) Corcilius and Connie (Duane) Barnes.
She has gone to find peace with her parents who preceded her in death, her father in December of 1990 and her mother in January of 2011.
Funeral Services will be held on Sunday November 1st at 2 PM at Bethany Alliance Church in Fennimore. A private burial of Carrie’s remains will be held at a later date. In lieu of flowers the family would appreciate donations to help settle Carrie’s final affairs.
- Maria Martha (Corcilius) Anderson born March 13, 1916 in Chicago, Cook County, IL; married Gustav Inge “Gus” Anderson (1915-1983); Maria died February 22, 1975 in Illinois
- Henry August Corcilius born December 10, 1918 in Chicago, Cook County, IL; married Florence Carr daughter of Edward Carr and Mary Carr; Henry died June 26, 1985 in LaGrange, Cook County, IL; buried in Queen of Heaven Catholic Cemetery, Hillside, Cook County, IL
- Anna A. “Susie” (Corcilius) Soukup born July 21, 1920 in Chicago, Cook County, IL; married Tony Soukup; Anna died November 26, 1991 in Chicago, Cook County, IL; buried in Bohemian National Cemetery, Chicago, Cook County, IL
- Charles Edwin Corcilius born May 7, 1925 in Chicago, Cook County, IL; married Victoria M. Ciringione daughter of Adolph Ciringione and Mamie (LoBello) Ciringione; Charles died March 9, 2012 in Mount Prospect, Cook County, IL; buried in Saint Michael The Archangel Catholic Cemetery, Palatine, Cook County, IL
According to the Chicago Tribune (Chiago IL) Tuesday, March 13, 2012, page 2-7:
“CORCILIUS, CHARLES EDWIN
Charles Edwin Corcilius, United States Air Force Brigadier General, retired, Wing Commander, 440th TAW, age 86, beloved husband of Victoria, nee Ciringione, loving father of Sandra McKeever, Janet (Richard) Stout and Charles John (Camille); devoted grandfather of 12; dear great-great-grandfather of 1; preceded in death by two brothers, two sisters and two grandchildren. Visitation Tuesday, March 13, 3 to 9 p.m. at Matz Funeral Home, 410 E. Rand Rd., Mt. Prospect. Funeral Wednesday, 9:30 a.m. to St. Thomas Becket Church, Mass 10 a.m. Interment St. Michael the Archangel. In lieu of flowers, memorials to Advocate Lutheran General Hospital Heart Failure Clinic appreciated. 847-394-2336.”
According to the 1940 U.S. Census for Chicago, Cook County, IL living at 4941 Melrose St., the household members were:
“August Corcilius, head, age 51, married, highest grade completed: H3, born in Germany, lived in same house in 1935, occupation: carpenter – building contractor; Maria Corcilius, wife, age 41, married, highest grade completed: H1, born in Germany, lived in same house in 1935; Henry Corcilius, son, age 21, single, highest grade completed H4, born in Illinois, lived in same house in 1935, occupation: carpenter – building contractor; Agnes Corcilius, daughter, age 19, single, highest grade completed: H2, born in Illinois, lived in same house in 1935; Charles Corcilius, son, age 14, single, highest grade completed: 8, born in Illinois, lived in same house in 1935; August Corcilius, son, age 3, single, age 0, born in Illinois”
According to the 1950 U.S. Census for Round Lake Park Village, Grant Township, Lake County, IL the household members were:
“August Corcelius, head, age 61, married, born in Germany, Occupation: Carpenter – Housing; Maria Corcelius, wife, age 51, married, born in Germany, Was he living in this same house a year ago?: Yes, What country were his father and mother born in?: Germany, What is the highest grade of school that he has attended? S10, Did he finish this grade?: Yes, Last year is how many weeks did this person do any work at all?: None; Jack Corcelius, son, age 13, never married, born in Illinois”
According to the U.S. City Directories, 1822-1995, 1959 Waukegan and North Chicago (Lake County, Ill) City Directory:
“Corcilius Jack A (Nancy) carp Morrison Constn (Morgan Grove) h1901 Chippewa rd”
According to the U.S. Public Records Index, 1950-1993, Volume 1:
“Name: August J Corcilius, Address: 1665 E John L Ave, Kingman, AZ, 86409-1869 (1985)”