NANCY LEE (OEHME) CORCILIUS
Nancy Lee (Oehme) Corcilius
(Photo by Ancestry.com contributor kaako1990)
Nancy Lee (Oehme) Corcilius gravestone
(Photo by Vernon B. Paddock)
B. August 1, 1936 in Chicago, Cook County, IL
D. January 13, 2011 in Round Lake Beach, Lake County, IL
Find A Grave memorial (click here)
- Father: Gaylord Paul Oehme born May 19, 1907 in Chicago, Cook County, IL, son of Paul Oehme and Anna Oehme; Gaylord died December 23, 1945 in Chicago, Cook County, IL (See section pertaining to Gaylord Paul Oehme buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery)
- Mother: Helen Evelyn (Simpson) Oehme born October 16, 1906 in Kansas City, Clay County, MO; Helen died January 29, 1995 (See section pertaining to Helen Evelyn (Simpson) Oehme buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery)
- Husband: August Jack Corcilius born March 22, 1937 in Chicago, Cook County, IL, son of August William Corcilius (1888-1964) and Maria E. (Farber) Corcilius (1899-1979); August died December 21, 1991 in Kingman, Mohave County, AZ (See section pertaining to August Jack Corcilius buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery)
- Keith Corcilious
- Kevin Corcilious; married Terri
- Kurt M. Corcilius; married Debbie J.
- Connie (Corcilius) Barnes: married Dwayne Barnes
- Carrie Ann (Corcilius) Merrill born March 13, 1961 in Illinois; Carrie died October 22, 2015 in Fennimore, Grant County, WI
According to the Larson Funeral Homes obituary archives for October 26, 2015:
“Carrie A. Merrill
Carried (Corcilius) Merrill, Age 54, died peacefully in her home in Fennimore late October 22nd surrounded by family. Carrie was born in Round Lake, IL, the youngest daughter of August “Jack” Corcilius and Nancy (Oehme) Corcilius and spent many years in Arizona where she worked as a nursing assistant and gave birth to her daughters before returning to the Midwest to be nearer to family. She made her home in Potosi and Lancaster, returning to her work as a caregiver before settling in Fennimore. Carrie struggled for many years with poor healthy and spent her final days with her daughters and doting on her grandchildren and much loved pets. The family wishes to thank Holly and her team at Crossing Rivers Hospice for their care and guidance during the last difficult weeks of Carrie’s life.
She is survived by her daughters Jacklyn Ottinger of New Orleans, LA, Kayla (Justin) Snyder of Fennimore and Jessica Ottinger of Fennimore; 3 grandchildren Aliana, Michael and Payton; and by her siblings Keith Corcilius, Kevin Corcilius, Kurt (Debbie) Corcilius and Connie (Duane) Barnes.
She has gone to find peace with her parents who preceded her in death, her father in December of 1990 and her mother in January of 2011.
Funeral Services will be held on Sunday November 1st at 2 PM at Bethany Alliance Church in Fennimore. A private burial of Carrie’s remains will be held at a later date. In lieu of flowers the family would appreciate donations to help settle Carrie’s final affairs.
- Kathryn “Katie” (Oehme) Tetters born February 20, 1933 in Cook County, IL; married Jim Tetters
- Barbara Jean (Oehme) Ekedahl born December 7, 1934 in Cook County, IL; married Richard Alan Ekedahl (1934-2019) on July 29, 1978 in Chicago, Cook County, IL, son of Ossian Carl Ekedahl and Carolyn Edna (Bolton) Ekedahl
- Dale Allen Oehme born April 16, 1942 in Waukegan, Lake County, IL; Dale died October 8, 2005 (See section pertaining to Dale Allen Oehme buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery)
- Lynn (Oehme) Brill; married Glen Brill
According to the 1940 U.S. Census for Chicago, Cook County, IL living at 1645 W. Farragut Avenue the household members were:
“Gaylord Oehme, head, age 33, married, highest grade completed: H-4, born in Illinois, lived in same place in 1935, occupation, messenger – armored car service; Helen Oehme, wife, age 33, married, highest grade completed: H-4, born in Kansis, lived in same place in 1935; Kathryn Oehme, daughter, age 7, single, highest grade completed: 1, born in Illinois, lived in same place in 1935; Barbara Jean Oehme, daughter, age 5, single, born in Illinois, lived in same place in 1935; Nancy Lee Oehme, daughter, age 3, single, born in Illinois”
According to the U.S. City Directories, 1822-1995, 1959 Waukegan and North Chicago (Lake County, Ill) City Directory:
“Corcilius Jack A (Nancy) carp Morrison Constn (Morgan Grove) h1901 Chippewa rd”
According to the Chicago Suburban Daily Herald, January 23, 2011 on Legacy.com website:
“NANCY LEE CORCILIUS
Nancy Lee Corcilius of Round Lake Park
Nancy Lee Corcilius, 74, passed away Thursday, Jan. 13, 2011, at the Northwest Community Hospital, Arlington Heights. She was born Aug. 1, 1936, in Chicago, and had been a resident of the Round Lake Beach area for the past 50 years. Nancy is survived by her five children, Keith Corcilius of Phillips, Wis., Kevin (the late Terri) Corcilius of Lake Villa, Connie (Dwayne) Barnes of Uhray, Colo., Carrie Merrill of Lancaster, Wis. and Kurt (Deb) Corcilius of Lake Villa; 10 grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and three sisters, Katie (Jim) Tetters of Little Rock, Ark., Barbara (Richard) Ekedahl of Bloomington, Wis. and Lynn (Glen) Brill of Anderson, S.C. She was preceded in death by her husband, Jack Corcilius; and her brother, Dale Oehme. Interment of the cremains of Jack and Nancy Corcilius will be held 11 a.m. Monday, May 2, att the Fort Hill Cemetery, Round Lake. The Symonds Lakes Funeral Home of Grayslake was entrusted with arrangements. For further funeral information, please call 847-543-1080.