RICHARD ARLEN “DICK” HESER
B. March 19, 1939 in Tomah, Monroe County, WI
D. September 15, 1951 in Waukegan, Lake County, IL
Find A Grave memorial (click here)
- Father: Oscar Raymond Heser born December 17, 1905 in LaGrange Township, Monroe County, WI; eloped and married Veora Caroline Vroman on Marrch 29, 1930 in Winona, Winona County, MN; Oscar died July 23, 1979 in Libertyville, Lake County, IL (See section pertaining to Oscar Raymond Heser buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery)
- Mother: Veora Caroline (Vroman) Heser born April 7, 1912 in Warrens, Grant Township, Monroe County, WI, daughter of William Henry “Will” Vroman (1870-1949) and Estelle Belle (Lamb) Vroman (1875-1944); Veora died December 4, 2000 in Libertyville, Lake County, IL (See section pertaining to Veora Caroline (Vroman) Heser buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery)
- Donald Keith “Don” Heser born August 22, 1932 in Tomah, Monroe County, WI; U.S. Army Veteran; married Evelyn Motl on December 1, 1956 in Grayslake, Lake County, IL; Donald died March 6, 1984 in Stetsonville, Taylor County, WI; buried in Holy Rosary Cemetery, Medford, Taylor County, WI; According to the Marshfield News-Herald (Marshfield WI) Wednesday, March 7, 1984, page 1-2:
STETSONVILLE – Donald K. Heser, 51, of 829 S. Gibson Ave., Medford, died of suffocation Tuesday morning after the car he was driving flipped over, pinning him underneath.
The accident happened about 5:35 a.m. Tuesday on Highway 13, about 1 1/4 miles south of Stetsonville. Heser was on his way to work in Colby at the time of the accident.
According to Taylor County deputies, Heser was driving south on the highway when his car hit a patch of ice and went out of control. The car traveled to the left side of the road and skidded 112 feet along the shoulder and ditch before rolling 2 1/2 times. Deputies said that on the last roll, Heser was through the car’s sun roof. The car then came to rest on top of him.
The accident was discovered about 6:20 a.m. Heser was pronounced dead at scene. The car sustained little damage, deputies said.
Services will be at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at Holy Rosary Catholic Church in Medford. The Rev. Brendan Kunda will officiate. The body will be cremated.
Visitation at the Hemer Funeral Home, Medford, will be from 4-9 p.m. today, where there will be a prayer vigil service at 7 p.m.
He was born Aug. 22, 1932 in Tomah, to Mr. and Mrs. Oscar (Veora Vrorman) Heser. He received his education in Tomah and Round Lake, Ill. area schools. He married Evelyn Motl Dec. 1, 1956 in Grayslake, Ill. She survives.
After their marriage they lived in Grayslake for a number of years and in 1970 moved to Medford. He was employed at Liberty Homes in Spencer. Since 1972 he was employed as a maintenance machinists specialist at Packaging Corp. of America in Colby.
A member of Holy Rosary Catholic Church, Heser is also survived by his mother, Veora Heser of Grayslake, Ill.; six children, Mrs. Arthur (Susan) Walls of Colby, John Heser, Michael Heser, and Mary Hahn, all of Medford, Margaret Heser of Shakopee, Minn. and Kenneth Heser at home; six grandchildren; a brother, Eugene Heser of Round Lake, Ill.; and a sister, Diane Morse of Snohomish, Wash.
He was predeceased by his father and a brother.”
- Diana Rae (Heser) (Young) Morse born December 31, 1943 in Sparta, Monroe County, WI; married (1) Grady Milton Young (1941-1996) on December 21, 1963 in Grayslake, Lake County, IL and divorced November 22, 1967; married (2) Thomas Cleveland “Tom” Morse on February 7, 1976 in Seattle, King County, WA, son of George Oscar Morse and Madeline Elsie (Murrie) Morse
- Eugene Paul “Butch” Heser born June 13, 1948 in Waukegan, Lake County, IL; Army Veteran, Korea; Eugene died June 3, 2015 in Kenosha, Kenosha County, WI (See section pertaining to Eugene Paul “Butch” Heser buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery)
According to the 1940 U.S. Census for Tomah City, Monroe County, WI living at 529 Hollister Avenue the household members were: Oscar Heser, head, age 33, married, highest grade completed: H4, born in Wisconsin, lived in same place in 1935, occupation: highway patrolman – state highway; Veora Heser, wife, age 28, married, highest grade completed: H3, born in Wisconsin, lived in same place in 1935; Donald Heser, son, age 7, single, highest grade completed: 1, born in Wisconsin, lived in same place in 1935; Richard Heser, son, age 1, single, born in Wisconsin.
According to unknown newspaper clipping:
RICHARD HESER DIES AT AGE OF 12 YEARS
“Richard Arlen Heser, 12, of Nippersink Avenue, Round Lake, died Tuesday, September 18 at noon in St. Therese Hospital in Waukegan following an illness of nine days. Richard was born March 19, 1939, in Tomah, Wis., a son of Oscar and Veora Heser. He was a pupil in the Round Lake Elementary school. Surviving, in addition to his parents, are two brothers, Donald and Eugene, and a sister Diana Rae. The body is at the Strang Chapel in Grayslake where friends may call. Funeral services will be held at the chapel at 1:00 PM Friday with the Rev. W. C. Silven officiating. Burial will be in Fort Hill Cemetery, west of Round Lake.”