EVELYN MARIE (PETERSEN) JENSEN
Evelyn Marie (Petersen) Jensen gravestone
(Photo by Vernon B. Paddock)
B. July 22, 1914 in Cook County, IL
D. February 8, 1986 (last residence in Ingleside, Lake county, IL
Find A Grave memorial (click here)
- Father: Paul Langgard Petersen born June 26, 1882 in Snedsted, Denmark; married (1) Nellie Colby on November 10, 1908 in LaPorte County, IN, daughter of Niels Colby and Dorothy (Sorensen) Colby; Nellie was born May 5, 1888 in Denmark and died August 4, 1910 in Chicago, Cook County, IL, buried at Mount Olive Cemetery, Chicago, Cook County, IL; married (2) Mary Petersen; Paul died August 1964; buried in Acacia Park Cemetery and Mausoleum, Chicago, Cook County, IL; According to the U.S. World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918:
“Name: Paul Langgard Petersen; Permanent Home Address: 2417 N Avers Av, Chgo, Cook County, Ill; Age in Years 36; Date of Birth: June 26 1882; Race: White: U.S. Citizen: Naturalized; Present Occupation: Bottled Beer Business; Employer’s Name: self; Place of Employment: 2417 N. Avers Av., Chgo, Cook County, Ill; Nearest Relative: Mary Elizabeth Petersen; Address: 2417 N. Avers Av, Chgo, Cook County, Ill; Height: Tall; Build: Medium: Color of Eyes: Blue; Color of Hair: Red; Signed: Sept 12/18”
According to the U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1940-1947:
“Name: Paul Langgard Petersen; Place of Residence: 2417 N. Avers Ave., Chicago, Ill; Mailing Address: Same; Telephone: Bel. 5946; Age in Years: 59; Date of Birth: June 26, 1882; Place of Birth: Snedsted, Denmark; Name and Address of Person Who Will Always Know Your Address: Mrs. K. Andersen, 1651 N. Albany Ave.; Employer’s Name and Address: George P. Jense; Place of Employment: 417 S. Green St., Chicago, Cook County, IL; Race: White; Height: 5-10; Weight: 165; Eyes: Blue; Hair: Blonde: Complexion: Light; Signed: April 27, 1942”
According to the Chicago Tribune (Chicago IL) Thursday, August 6, 1964, page 27:
“Petersen – Paul L. Petersen, age 82, beloved husband of Mary E., nee Jessen; dear father of Paul N., Lawrence J., and Evelyn M. Jensen; loving grandfather of Eight, and 15 great-grandchildren. Member of Danish Brotherhood lodge, No. 17. Services Friday, Aug. 7, 2 p. m., at Matz Funeral Home, 3440 N. Central avenue. Interment Acacia Park.”
- Mother: Marie Elizabeth Petrimille “Mary” (Jessen) Petersen born February 1, 1884 in Apenrade (Danish – Aabenraa), Germany; last residence in Lisle, DuPage County, IL; Mary died May 1980; buried in Acacia Park Cemetery and Mausoleum, Chicago, Cook County, IL; According to the Chicago Tribune (Chicago IL) Thursday, May 8, 1980, page 61:
Mary E. Petersen of Wauconda, IL, formerly of 2417 N. Avers Avenue, Chicago, beloved wife of the late Paul L.; dear mother of Paul N. (Bernice), Larry (Carrie) and Evelyn (the late J.B.) Jensen; loving grandmother of eight; great-grandmother of twenty-one; great-great-grandmother of one. Services Friday, 11 a.m. at Mac Gillis Funeral Home, 350 Goodnow Blvd., Round Lake. Visitation Thursday, 5 to 9 p.m. Interment, Acacia Park Cemetery. 546-3300″
- Husband: James Boothbay Jensen born October 24, 1907 in Boothbay Harbor, Lincoln County, ME son of Jens Christian Jensen (1884-1951) and Anna Marie (Thomsen) Jensen (1887-1967); James died March 11, 1970 (See section pertaining to James B. Jensen buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery)
- James Douglas “Jim” Jensen born July 31, 1935 in Chicago, Cook County, IL; married Pamela Nordstrom; James died June 26, 1998; buried in Hillside Cemetery, Genoa City, Walworth County, WI; According to the Chicago Tribune (Chicago IL) Tuesday, June 30, 1998, page 156:
“JENSEN – James D. “Jim” Jensen of Lake Geneva, WI, formerly of Wauconda, beloved husband of Pam Jensen; dear father of Daniel T. Jensen of Wauconda, Christian Jensen of Lake Geneva, Karen (Rudy) Burque of Florida, Mary Jill Jensen of Burlington, WI, Susan Jensen of Wauwatosa, WI, Anne Jensen of Madison, WI and Britt Jensen of Lake Geneva; grandfather of Jim Kappen of Tennessee and Daniel Jensen of Burlington; sister of Maria (Robert) Bein of Missouri and the late Linda Nolan. Owner of J. B. Enterprises Fox Lake. Veteran of U.S. Army. Resting at K.K. Hamsher Funeral Home, 12 N. Pistakee Lake Rd., Fox Lake (in the Chapel on the Lake) from 4-9 p.m. Monday June 29, 1998. Funeral Tuesday 11 a.m., June 30, 1998. Interment Hillside Cemetery, Genoa City, WI. In lieu of flowers, memorials for the American Cancer Society or Badger High School Scholarship Fund. Lake Geneva, WI. Info 847-587-2100.”
According to the Lake Geneva Region News (Lake Geneva WI) Thursday, July 2, 1998, page 6:
“Funeral Held for James Jensen
James D. Jensen, 62, a Lake Geneva resident for the past 17 years and a former resident of Wauconda, IL died Friday, June 26, 1998.
He was born July 31, 1935 in Chicago, the son of J.B. and Evelyn Petersen Jensen.
He was the owner of J. B. Enterprise, Inc., Fox Lake, IL, a business that was originated by his father. He was an avid golfer and was a longtime member of the Thursday night men’s league at the Pistakee Golf Club. He also was a longtime pilot and well known boater in the Chain of Lakes area.
He was a graduate of Grant Community High School and later entered Purdue University. He served in the United States Army.
He is survived by hiw wife, Pam Nordstrom Jensen; two sons, Danielt T. and Christian D., both of Lake Geneva; five daughters, Karen Burgue, Safety Harbor, FL, Mary Jill Jensen, Burlington, Susan Jensen, Wauwatosa, Anne Jensen, Madison, and Britt Jensen, Lake Geneva; two grandsons; and one sister, Marcia Bein, Osage Beach, MO. He was preceded in death by one sister, Linda Nolan.
Funeral services were held at the K. K. Hamsher Funeral Home, Fox Lake, Tuesday, June 30, with Rev. Al Langbough officiating. Burial was in Hillside Cemetery, Genoa City. The family suggested memorials to the American Cancer Society or a scholarship fund at Badger High School.”
2. Marcia M. (Jensen) Bein born May 9, 1938 in Illinois; married Robert Bein
3. Linda (Jensen) (Braynard) Nolan born about 1946; Linda died November 9, 1997 in Divide, Teller County, CO; According to the Gazette (Colorado Springs, CO) November 11, 1997, page 3:
“LINDA KATHLEEN NOLAN, 51, died Nov. 9, 1997, at her home in Divide. She was the proprietor of the Whistle Stop Tavern in Divide. Mrs. Nolan was born Jan. 28, 1946, in Chicago. She is survived by a daughter, Katherine L. Morgan; a brother James Douglas Jensen, a sister, Marcia M. Bein; a special friend, Brian W. Marshall; and three grandchildren.
Memorial services will be from 5 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at the Whistle Stop Tavern, on Highway 24 in Divide. Cremation by Rocky Mountain Undertakers, 218 N. Seventh St., 632-4424, is planned.”
- Step Siblings:
- Paul Niels Petersen born July 24, 1910 in Chicago, Cook County, IL; married (1) Bernice Barbara Beeh (1913-1995); married (2) Jeannine Carol Sutherland (1939-2010) on April 5, 1958, daughter of Albert J. Sutherland and Ruby (Kegebein) (Sutherland) (Johnson) Verhoeks; Paul died May 30, 1989; Paul and Jeannine and Bernice are buried in Mound Grove Cemetery, Kankakee, Kankakee County, IL; According to the U.S. World War II Draft Cards Young Men, 1940-1947:
“Name: Paul Niels Petersen; Address: 3636 Oriole (also given 2039 N. Kilbourne Ave.), Chicago, Cook County, Ill. Telephone Lac. 7372; Age in Years: 30; Date of Birth: July 24 1910, Place of Birth: Chicago, Ill., U.S.; Name of Person Who Will Always Know Your Address: Mr. Paul Langard Petersen; Relationship: Father; Address of That Person: 2417 N. Avers, Chicago, Cook County, Ill.; Employer’s Name: R. Morgan Wallpaper Co.; Place of Employment: 134 N. Damen, Chicago, Cook County, Ill.; Race: White; Height: 5′ 9 1/2″; Weight: 140; Eyes: Blue; Hair: Blonde; Complexion: Light; Signed: Oct. 16, 1940”
- Lawrence Jessen Petersen born December 18, 1912 in Chicago, Cook County, IL; married Carrie; last address Lombard, DuPage County, IL; Lawrence died January 1993; According to the Chicago Tribune (Chicago IL) Sunday, January 31, 1993, page 83:
Lawrence J. Petersen, husband of the late Carrie, father of Karen (Jerry) Lennox, Mary (John) Court and Larry (Pat) Petersen; grandfather of nine; great-grandfather of four. 708-969-4142″
According to the 1920 U.S. Census for Chicago City, Cook County, IL living at 2417 Avers Ave., the household members were: Paul Petersen, head, age 37, married, immigrated in 1901, born in Denmark, parents born in Denmark, occupation: driver – milk wagon; Mary Petersen, wife, age 35, married, immigrated in 1890, born in Denmark, parents born in Denmark; Paul Petersen, son, age 9, single, born in Illinois; Lawrence Petersen, son, age 7, single, born in Illinois; Evelyn Petersen, daughter, age 5, single, born in Illinois.
According to the 1930 U.S. Census for Chicago City, Cook County, IL living at 2417 Avers Ave., the household members were: Paul Petersen, head, age 47, married at age 27, born in Denmark, parents born in Denmark, immigrated in 1903, occupation: superintendent – advertising company; Mary Petersen, wife, age 46, married at age 26, born in Denmark, father born in Denmark, mother born in Sweden, immigrted in 1889; Paul Petersen, son, age 19, single, born in Illinois; Lawrence Petersen, son, age 17, single, born in Illinois; Evelyn Petersen, daughter, age 15, single, born in Illinois.
According to the 1940 U.S. Census for Chicago, Cook County, IL living at 2618 Major Avenue, the household members were: James Jensen, head, age 31, highest grade completed: H-2, born in Maine, lived in same place in 1935, occupation: superintendent – tool and die manufacturing; Evelyn Jensen, wife, age 25, highest grade completed: H-2, born in Illinois, lived in same place in 1935; James Jensen, son, age 4, single, born in Illinois; Marcia Jensen, daughter, age 1, single, born in Illinois
According to the Chicago Tribune (Chicago IL) Sunday, February 9, 1986, page 37:
“JENSEN – Evelyn M. Jensen, age 71, of Ingleside, beloved wife of the late James B.; dear mother of James (Pamela), Marcia (Robert) Bein and Linda Knolan (sic Nolan); fond sister of Lawrence Petersen; loving grandmother of 11; great-grandmother of two. Resting from 5 until 9 p.m. Monday at the MacGillis Funeral Home, 222 North Rosedale Ct., Round Lake, Il. Funeral services 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home. Interment at Fort Hill Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donations to Trinity Lutheran Church, Ingleside. 546-3300.”