PATRICIA ANN “PATTY” SCHAD
B. March 26, 1947 in Waukegan, Lake County, IL
D. September 9, 1952 in Chicago, Cook County, IL
Find A Grave memorial (click here)
- Father: Leroy H. Schad born October 20, 1914 in Cook County, IL; married Ellen Elizabeth Myer (1919-2007) on August 14, 1940 in Dubuque, Dubuque County, IA, daughter of Peter Joseph Meyer (1879-1941) and Alice Johanah (Renehan) Myer (1891-1925); Leroy died January 1977; buried in Highland Memorial Park, Libertyville, Lake County, IL
- Mother: Ellen Elizabeth “Betty” (Myer) Schad born April 3, 1919 in Round Lake, Lake County, IL daughter of Peter Joseph Myer (1879-1941) and Alice Johanah (Renehan) Myer (1891-1925); Ellen died April 21, 2007 in Libertyville, Lake County, IL; buried in Highland Memorial Park, Libertyville, Lake County, IL; According to the Daily Herald (Arlington Heights IL) April 24, 2007:
“Ellen E. “Betty” Schad
of Round Lake Beach
Friends of the family of Ellen E. “Betty” Schad, 88, may visit with the family from 10 a.m. until the time of the memorial service at 11 a.m. Friday, April 27, at Calvary Presbyterian Church, 510 N. Cedar Lake Road, Round Lake. The Rev. Lisle Kauffman will officiate. Inurnment will be in Highland Memorial Park Cemetery, Libertyville.
Born April 3, 1919 in Round Lake, the daughter of Peter and Alice (nee Renehan) Myer, she died Saturday, April 21, 2007, at Condell Medical Center in Libertyville. Betty was a lifetime resident of the Round Lake area. She attended St. Joseph Catholic Church in Round Lake and later attended Calvary Presbyterian Church in Round Lake. She was a member of the Happy Seniors of the Round Lake Park District. A doting grandmother and great-grandmother, she also enjoyed baking, quilting and sewing.
Survivors include her children, Barb (the late Ralph) Welch, Alice (Greg) Troken, Roger (Barbara) Schad and Toni Schad, all of Round Lake Beach; grandchildren, Marge (Ted) Evert, Debbie (Dave) Willmore, Ralph (Chris) Welch, Sheri (Ron) Lanier, Kim (Mark) Graff, Julie (Jeff) Jones, Jody (Marc) Perez, Michael (Angie) Welch, Aaron Troken and Brandon Hawks; great-grandchildren, Keith, Zach, Anna, Remington, Laura, Nathan, Madison, Noah and Eli; and sister, Bertha Beekmann of Kenosha, Wis. She was preceded in death by her husband, LeRoy Schad on Jan. 8, 1977; daughters, Patricia in childhood, Carol Willmore and Bette Evert, and three sisters and one brother.
Memorial tributes to Betty would be appreciated to the American Cancer Society, by sponsoring Team @#GL13 in the Relay for Life event, 100 Tri-State International, @#125, Lincolnshire, IL 60069. Arrangements were entrusted to Justen’s Round Lake Funeral Home, Round Lake, where friends may send a condolence to the family at www.justenfh.com or call 847-546-3300.”
- Grandfather: Walter Hartman Schad born March 21, 1890 in Chicago, Cook County, IL son of Hartman Schad (1864-?) and Bertha (Groskopf) Schad (1864-1919); Walter died December 6, 1939 in Grant Township, Lake County, IL (See section pertaining to Walter Hartman Schad buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery)
- Barbara “Barb” (Schad) Welch born July 10, 1939 in Redgranite, Waushara County, WI; married Ralph Welch, Sr.; Barbara died November 27, 2011 in Round Lake Beach, Lake County, IL; According to the Lake County Journal (Grayslake IL) Thursday, December 1, 2011, page 20:
“BARBARA ‘BARB’ WELCH
Born: July 10, 1939
Died: Nov. 27, 2011
ROUND LAKE BEACH – Barbara “Barb” Welch (nee Schad), 72 of Round Lake Beach, died peacefully in her home surrounded by her family Nov. 27. Barb was born July 10, 1939, in Red Granite, Wis., and graduated from Round Lake high School in 1957.
She was a retired homemaker who enjoyed sewing, gardening, baking and spending time with family and her grandchildren. She spent the last few years sewing knit hats to give to other patients battling cancer. She will be remembered as a loving mother, a loyal sister, a nurturing aunt, a devoted grandmother and a true friend.
Barb is survived by her son, Ralph (Chris) Welch Jr. of Winthrop Harbor; daughter Sheri (the late Ronald) Lanier of Winthrop Harbor; daughter Kim (Mark) Graff of Lake Villa; son Michael (Angie) Welch of Antioch; her beloved grandchildren, Nathan Graff, Madison Graff, Noah Welch and Eli Welch; her siblings, Alice (Greg) Troken, Toni Schad, Roger (Barb) Schad; her nieces and nephews, Marge (Ted) Evert, Debbie Willmore, Julie (Jeff) Jones, Jody (Marc) Perez, Aaron Troken, Brandon Hawks; and many great-nieces, great-nephews and dear friends. Barb is preceded in death by her husband, Ralph Welch Sr.; her mother and father, Betty and Leroy Schad; and her siblings, Carol Willmore, Bette Evert and Patty Schad.
A memorial visitation is scheduled for 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 2, with a memorial service at 6:30 p.m., at Strang Funeral Chapel & Crematorium, 410 E. Belvidere Road, in Grayslake. Interment will be held privately. In lieu of flowers, please consider a donation to Relay for Life-GLMV event team “LifeSavers” at www.relayforlife.org, in memory of Barbara Welch. For more information, call 847-223-8122 or visit www.strangfuneral.org.”
- Bette Ellen “Nit” (Schad) Evert born December 28, 1940 in Round Lake, Lake County, IL; Bette died June 26, 2000 in Waukegan, Lake County, IL; According to the Daily Herald (Chicago IL) Thursday, June 24, 2000, page 20:
“Bette E. “Nit” Evert
of Round Lake Beach
Services for Bette E. “Nit” Evert, 59, will be held at 8 p.m. today, at Strang Funeral Chapel & Crematorium, 410 E. Belvidere Road, Grayslake. The Rev. Lisle J. Kauffman will officiate.
Born in Round Lake, she died Monday, June 26, 2000, at Provena St. Therese Hospital in Waukegan. Interment will be private.
A lifelong resident of Round Lake Beach, Bette attended Calvary Church. She enjoyed crocheting and was an avid bowler. She was devoted to her children and grandchildren.
She was the mother of Marge Metzel of Gurnee and Julie (Jeff) Jones of Trevor, Wis.; grandmother of Keith, Anna and Zachery; daughter of Ellen and the late Leroy Schad of Round Lake Beach; daughter-in-law of Marie Evert of Oakhurst, Calif.; sister of Barb Welch, Alice (Greg) Troken, Roger Schad, Toni Schad, and the late Patty Schad and Carol Willmore; and aunt of many nieces and nephews. She is also survived by many friends and other relatives.
Visitation will be from 4 p.m. until the time of the services, at the funeral chapel.
Memorials may be made to the Relay for Life, 202 S. Greenleaf, Suite E, Gurnee, IL 60031.
For information, (847) 223-8122.”
- Alice (Schad) Troken; married Greg Troken
- Roger Schad; married Barb Riley of Waukegan in 2005
- Toni Schad
- Carol L. (Schad) Willmore about 1944 in Illinois; married Lary Willmore; Carol died February 18, 1992 in Westminster, Adams County, CO; According to the Rocky Mountain News (Denver CO) February 23, 1992, page 131:
“Carol L. Willmore, 48, of Westminster died Feb. 18 in Lutheran Medical Center. No services were held. The body was cremated. Mrs. Willmore, a native of Round Lake, Ill., was a teller at Colorado National Bank. She is survived by her husband, Larry; one daughter, Debra Larson of Arvada; her mother, Ellen Schad; one brother, Roger Schad; four sisters, Barb Welch, Bette Evert, Alice Troken and Tini Schad of Round Lake; and one grandchild. Contributions: Lutheran Medical Center Hospice, 8300 W. 38th Ave., Denver 80033.”
According to the Lake County Illinois Genealogical Society. “Strang Funeral Home – Grayslake, Illinois – 1908-1964”. Mundelein IL. 2015:
“Name: Patrician Ann Schad; Birth Date: 26 Mar 1947; Birth Place: Waukegan; Death Date: 09 Sep 1952; Death Place: Chicago; Cause of Death: Pulmonary Edemia; Chapel; Burial Place: Fort Hill; Next of Kin: LeRoy Schad – Father; Ellen Myer – Mother”