KENNETH L. “SKIP” TINDELL, JR.
Kenneth L. “Skip” Tindell, Jr.
(photo from 1960 McHenry Community High School, McHenry, IL yearbook)
Kenneth L. “Skip” Tindell, Jr. gravestone
(photo by Vernon B. Paddock)
B. November 2, 1941
D. May 1971
Find A Grave memorial (click here)
- Father: Kenneth Levern Tindell born November 15, 1919 in Stockton, Jo Daviess County, IL, son of ; married Dolores Eva (Vickers) Tindell Haines (1922-1992) on July 5, 1940 in Cook County, IL; Kenneth died May 5, 1954 (See section pertaining to Kenneth Leverne Tindell buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery)
- Mother: Dolores Eva (Vickers) (Tindell) Haines born October 2, 1922 in Burlington, Des Moines County, IA, daughter of Theodore Allen Vickers (1882-1961) (See section pertaining to Theodore Allen Vickers buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery) and Maude May (Winters) Vickers (1890-1971) (See section pertaining to Maude May (Winters) Vickers buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery); married (1) Kenneth L. Tindell on July 5, 1940 in Cook County, IL; married (2) unknown Haines; she last resided in Mechanicsburg, Cumberland County, PA; Dolores died November 15, 1992 in Monroe Township, Cumberland County, PA; According to the Patriot-News (Harrisburg PA) November 18, 1992, page B2:
“Dolores E. Haines
Delores E. Haines, 70, of 1550 Williams Grove Road, Monroe Twp., died Sunday at home.
She was a retired accountant for the Lake County, Ill., Health Department and a member of Bowmansdale Church of God, Steelton Moose Lodge 919, Independent Order of Foresters and Mechanicsburg Senior Citizens Club.
Surviving are a son, Daniel L. Tindell of Mechanicsburg; three daughters, Nancy Whiting of Sheboygan, Wis., Sharon Domka of Grayslake, Ill., and Paula Gruber of Tallahassee, Fla.; two brothers, Jack Vickers of Salem, Wis., and Wilber Vickers of Harlingen, Texas; two sisters, Dorothy Lund of Champaign, Ill., and Joyce Sloane of Virginia Beach, Va; 13 grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
Private services will be held at the convenience of the family.
Cremation Society of Pennsylvania is handling arrangements.
Memorial contributions may be made to American Cancer Society, Cumberland Unit, 177 N. Hanover St., Carlisle 17013.”
- Wife: unknown
- Children: unknown
- Nancy Ruth (Tindell) (Michael) Whiting born November 29, 1942 in Evanston, Cook County, IL; married (1) Donald Michael in July 1960; married (2) Richard Whiting on November 29, 1962; last residence in Sheboygan, Sheboygan County, WI; Nancy died October 24, 1998 in Sheboygan, Sheboygan County, WI; According to the Sheboygan Press (Sheboygan WI) Sunday, October 25, 1998, page 2:
“Nancy R. Whiting – Nancy R. (Richard) Whiting, 55, of 1815 S. 16th St., died Saturday morning, Oct. 24, 1998 at Sheboygan Memorial Medical Center. Nancy was born Nov. 29, 1942 in Evanston, Ill., to Kenneth and Dolores (Vickers) Tindell. On Nov. 29, 1962, she married Richard W. Whiting of Park Falls, Wis. The couple resided in Park Falls before moving to Sheboygan in 1968. Nancy was close to her family and especially enjoyed her grandchildren. In addition to her husband, Richard, Nancy is survived by a daughter, Anna (Steve) Pautz of Sheboygan; two grandchildren, Mallory and Craig; a brother, Daniel (Sandy) Tindell of Mechanicsburg, Penn.; two sisters, Sharon Domka of Round Lake, Ill., and Paula (Jim) Gruber of Tallahassee, Fla.; and a sister-in-law, JoAnn Schwerdtfegar. She was preceded in death by her parents and a brother Kenneth Tindell. A memorial service will be held Tuesday, 11:30 a.m. at Bethlehem Lutheran Church. The Rev. James Hartman, pastor, will officiate. A time of visitation and support will be held at the church from 10:30 a.m. until the time of service. In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established in her memory for the Wisconsin Diabetes Association. Ballhorn Funeral Chapels is coordinating the service arrangements.”
- Daniel L. Tindell; married Sandy
- Sharon E. (Tindell) (Domka) Charbonnier born June 28, 1944; married (1) unknown Domka; married (2) Ray Charbonnier after 1998; Sharon died March 14, 2010 in Grayslake, Lake County, IL; According to the New -Sun (Waukegan IL) March 17, 2010:
“Sharon Charbonnier (Domka) (Tindell) passed away Sunday March 14, 2010 in her home in Grayslake. She was born June 28, 1944 and lived in Lake County for most of her life.
She is survived by two sons; Michael (Amy) Domka and Richard (Lisa) Domka, six grandchildren; David, Tony, Miles, Joes, Rachel, and Ryan, two great-grandchildren; Natalie and Madison, sister Paula (Jim) Gruber; brother Danny (Sandy) Tindell, and husband Ray Charbonnier.
Sharon was preceded in death by her parents Kenneth Tindell and Dolores Haines, brother Kenneth Jr. Tindell, and sister Nancy Whitting.
Memorial service is Friday March 19, 2010 from 6:00pm to 7:00 pm with church service following at Calvary Presbyterian in Round Lake at 510 North Cedar Lake Road.
Arrangements are by Strang Funeral Chapel in Grayslake, Illinois.”
- Paula (Tindell) Gruber; married Jim Gruber
According to the 1960 McHenry High School, McHenry, IL yearbook:
“KENNETH TINDELL “Skip”
Pep Club 4; FBLA 4; Annual Staff 4; Chorus, 1, 2; Transferred from Round Lake Comm. High in Junior Year.
To enter some line of business
According to the McHenry Plaindealer (McHenry IL) Thursday, June 9, 1960, page 8:
“McHENRY HIGH TO GRADUATE 197 IN IMPRESSIVE OUTDOOR PROGRAM ON McCRACKEN FIELD JUNE 10 – Kenneth Tindell”
According to the McHenry Plaindealer (McHenry IL) Thursday, September 8, 1960, page 8:
“NINETY-ONE 1960 GRADUATES WILL LEAVE FOR SCHOOLS OF HIGHER LEARNING – Kenneth Tindell, General Motors Technical Training school”