MINNIE L. GROVER
Minnie L. Grover headstone (2020)
Photo by Vernon B. Paddock
B. January 1847
D. July 9, 1847
Find A Grave memorial (click here)
- Father: David Grover born November 8, 1816 in Vermont; married (1) Nancy Grover; married (2) Nancy M. Rice on December 15, 1862 in Lake County, IL born December 23, 1839 in Canada and died May 22, 1927 in San Jose, CA daughter of John Rice and Fanny (Baldwin) Rice; According to the 1870 U.S. Census for the Town of Fremont, Lake County, IL the household members were: David Grover, age 52, occupation: farmer, born in Vermont; Nancy (Rice) Grover, age 32, wife, born in Canada; Antoinette Grover, age 21, born in Illinois; Francis G. Grover, age 16, born in Illinois; and Byron E. Grover, age 18, born in Illinois;; According to the 1880 U.S. Census for Waukegan, Lake County, IL the household members were: David Grover, age 63, occupation: teamster, born in Vermont, father born in Connecticut, mother born in New York; Alice (possibly Nancy) M. Grover, age 41, wife, born in Canada, father born in Massachusetts, mother born in Canada; According to the 1900 U.S. Census for Saratoga Township, Santa Clara County, CA the household member were: David Grover head, born November 1816, age 83, married for 37 years, born in Vermont, father born in Vermont, mother born in Scotland, occupation: farm – farmer; Nancy R. Grover, wife, born December 1838, age 61, married 37 years, 1 child born, 1 child living, born in Canada, father born in Massachusetts, mother born in Canada, immigrated in 1897; and Harry S. Grover, pedigree, born April 1880, age 20, single, born in Illinois, father born in New York, mother born in Illinois; David died December 11, 1906; David and Nancy are buried in Madronia Cemetery, Saratoga, Santa Clara County, CA. she died in San Jose, CA on May 22, 1927.
- Mother: Nancy Grover born June 1822 in New York; married David Grover as his first wife; Nancy died February 17,1861 in Lake County, IL (See section pertaining to Nancy Grover buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery)
- John B. Grover born 1843 in Wyoming County, NY; Civil War Veteran (October 11, 1864-January 8, 1865) Private, Company H, 2nd Regiment, Illinois Light Artillery; killed January 8, 1865 in Clarksville, Montgomery County, TN during the Civil War; buried in Nashville National Cemetery, Madison, Davidson County, TN in Section V, Site 8815.
- Antoinette (Grover) Shepherd born about 1849 in Illinois; married Renssalear Shepard (1835-1909) on June 30, 1873 in Lake County, IL; he was born about 1835 in New York, Civil War Veteran, Corporal, 147th Illinois Infantry and died June 3, 1909; buried in Grant Cemetery, Ingleside, Lake County, IL; Antoinette date of death unknown.
- Francis G. Grover born about 1854 in Illinois (The only record of Francis is the 1870 U.S. Federal Census living in Fremont Township with his father David and his stepmother Nancy (Rice) Grover)
- Byron E. Grover born February 4, 1857 (based on 15 years, 2 months, 7 days from date of death); Byron died April 11, 1872 (See section pertaining to Byron E. Grover buried in the Fort Hill Cemetery)